Railroad Line Forums - O-Scale Switching Layout
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 58 ]  [ Total: 60 ]  [ Newest Member: Marty J ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Micro & Mini Layouts
 O-Scale Switching Layout
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Original Kittom Lumber Company. Volume II Topic Next Topic: The Depot (at Carendt)
Page: of 53

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 12/20/2018 :  1:00:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, amazing work, as always. What would have made the sign perfect is if you had angled the one on the backside the other way so that the reflection matched the original. That would have mad e the illusion even better (if possible).
Cheers,
Dave

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 12/20/2018 :  3:55:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, Here's a little support for leaving the stairs on the tank alone if you want.
photos from the Rensselaer Model Railroad Society archives
Cuttingsville, VT 1956

Cuttingsville, VT 2000

It's a real bridge and no, nothing is missing or happened to it...but it sure looks like something is or did :)

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 12/20/2018 :  5:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know Bill, but I wouldn't trust that bridge. That looks hinky.

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 12/20/2018 :  6:42:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys, if there was a A-frame even above or below the walkway i wouldn't had said a thing.

It's only make-believe

JeffB
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/20/2018 :  7:53:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Frank,

Just checkin' in. Glad those stairs didn't spiral out of control!
Well done.

Jeff

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 12/24/2018 :  2:44:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well Bob, danged if you didn't guess it, it's an "A" frame after all.

Jeff, it was a close call on those stairs but I got them under control.

When it came to building the supports for the elevated walkway it was go BIG or go home. I made an ďAĒ frame bent. I sincerely hope this quells the angry mob.

I added a few detail items such as this hatch at the bottom of the silo.

And the hatch at the top of the silo.

And for those of you who can remember the significance behind this one, just a little jab at 1920ís humor.

Iíve added the piping system for transferring the grain from the pit below the railcar up the elevator and over to the silo.

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 12/24/2018 2:48:30 PM

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 12/24/2018 :  4:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks A-OK to me Frank. I really like the rusting of the tank.

It's only make-believe

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/24/2018 :  4:59:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It all gets an A from me.

As you think, so will you be.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 12/24/2018 :  6:14:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frank,

The stairs and piping are very cool; they provide interesting complexity to the building.

The way the pipe sticks up like that I suspect it would not survive long on my layout. Fortunately itís on your ever more amazing layout, not on mine.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 12/24/2018 :  6:53:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob, thanks and you get an ďAĒ for guessing the type of bracing.

Thanks Rick.

Mike, next is the LED lights. That will add some complexity. Fortunately the building sits pretty far back on the layout so itís relatively safe. The tug boat is in harmís way thatís why I added the people bumpers.

Tim Godfrey
Section Hand

Posted - 12/24/2018 :  11:10:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tim Godfrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The bathtub gin is hysterical !!!

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 12/25/2018 :  08:10:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I wonder if any of our younger members get the gin tub. But with that crowd from Suncoast it will probably always be empty!

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 12/25/2018 :  09:21:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tim, thatís one of the details I pulled out of your grab bag of parts.

I donít know Mike, weíre getting too old to be tying one on like we used to. Youíre right, I was surprised to see the haha take so long to be noticed.

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 12/25/2018 :  09:43:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frank,

Just went through the whole thread looking at the pictures posted. All I can say is WOW. All that done in less than a year. I see I'm going to have to go back and read how some of those projects were done. Lot's of ideas there.

Bernd

kingstonemodelworks.com

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 12/26/2018 :  5:15:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bernd, thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to go through the thread. I hope you find something useful.

Page: of 53 Previous Topic: Original Kittom Lumber Company. Volume II Topic Next Topic: The Depot (at Carendt)  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000