Railroad Line Forums - O-Scale Switching Layout
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 108 ]  [ Total: 109 ]  [ Newest Member: Hawghead ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Micro & Mini Layouts
 O-Scale Switching Layout
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: 2x3 Cork Board Challenge
Page: of 39

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 11/22/2018 :  8:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, with your delayed reply I knew something had to be brewing. Sounds like the crowds were mashed in there to see and try things out Proof you all done good! Good to hear.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/23/2018 :  02:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frank,

Sounds like a lot of work but also lots of fun. I enjoy the kids at our club open houses in particular.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 11/23/2018 :  10:29:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bill, you still have it, good job.

Mike, itís a give back to the community. Well worth the expressions on the kids faces. I was surprised to see how many little girls want to run the trains.

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/23/2018 :  11:20:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank,

Girls dig trains. They clamor for the throttles on our club timesavers. They also generally beat the boys in their engine handling skills. It's the parents that 'don't get it'.

Jim

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 11/23/2018 :  6:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim back when I worked on charter sport fishing boats guys would ask who's the better "angler", men or women. They would look shocked when I'd tell them women. Because they have the patience to work the fish and not muscle it in.

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/23/2018 :  6:45:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Frank,

Girls dig trains. They clamor for the throttles on our club timesavers. They also generally beat the boys in their engine handling skills. It's the parents that 'don't get it'.

Jim

What Jim said!

Pete
in Michigan

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/24/2018 :  01:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My observation working with boys and girls ice hockey teams was that the parents would ensure their sons showed up for games but not so much commitment for daughters. That alone sends a message to the child.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 11/24/2018 :  08:06:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good on you guys for getting the kids involved Frank!

Mike

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/24/2018 :  1:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank,
Great interior photo filler for your distillery...Add some little people in front of the photo and it will be a well discussed building. I also like the composite of shapes on the structure!
Dave

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/24/2018 :  10:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank.
Great work on this structure. I like the many sides and great stonework. You're doing a fine job. Can't wait to see more.

Rich

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 11/25/2018 :  09:23:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Pete you should know, you sell them. When my granddaughter was 3 she loved playing with her Brio wooden trains. Then she discovered the iPhone. Sheís 12 now, so keep them away from the iPhone as long as you can.

Thatís a sad message Mike.

Thanks Mike, it was all Jimís fault.

Thanks Dave, Iíve added 3 guys like you suggested.

Rich, I made a tank out of a piece of thin walled 4Ē PVC but Iím having trouble calculating the lengths of spiral stair stringers going up the outside. The first set of stairs I screwed up but now I found a program to calculate spiral stairs. Maybe Iíll have better luck now.

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 11/25/2018 :  5:33:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, indeed it was a great open house. We had over 700 visitors between the two days. The O-scale switching layout was indeed a hit, a line most of the day people waiting to make a few switch moves under my direction. I agree, the girls loved it and did as well or better than the boys. Here are few pics.

Jim

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 11/25/2018 :  5:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tim built a water tower from a kit and worked with Dave to weather it and add some additional details. The transformation has worked very well and we found a spot to squeeze it in between two tracks!

This is how it looked before details and weathering.

Here is shot from left perspective after detailing and weathering.

Jim

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 11/25/2018 :  6:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Here it is from another angle.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 11/26/2018 :  08:24:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Mike

Page: of 39 Topic Next Topic: 2x3 Cork Board Challenge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000