Railroad Line Forums - O-Scale Switching Layout
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 103 ]  [ Total: 105 ]  [ Newest Member: lumberfan ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Micro & Mini Layouts
 O-Scale Switching Layout
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: 2x3 Cork Board Challenge
Page: of 39

robchant
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/08/2018 :  05:20:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, the credit for this masterpiece goes to your extremely talented team ... you guys rocked this!

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 11/08/2018 :  07:08:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the best flat tires I've ever seen!

Mike

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 11/08/2018 :  08:53:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike.

Rob, Iím lucky to be associated with such a talented group.

Mike (rails), I canít take the credit, it all goes to the styrene tire/rim casting and my mini propane torch.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 11/09/2018 :  08:20:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You had to know how to use the torch Frank. I would have had a molten blob that didn't resemble anything much less a tire.

Mike

robert goslin
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/10/2018 :  7:40:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank. The truck looks great. The smashed up fender is a nice touch and looks so realistic.

As always, you rust is superb.

Regards Rob

Despite the cost of living, it's still popular.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 11/11/2018 :  09:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mike, baby steps, heat Ė smush, repeat.

Thanks Rob.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 11/21/2018 :  7:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Just an update on the yet to be named building. Iím leaning towards a place to distill spirits. A brick front has been applied to the building and the dormers have had clapboards added. The windows and doors have been installed. The stairs and a railing made of brass wire was also installed.

Dave laser cut a template for me to lay the wire into and hold while I soldered it. he made a left and right so I could solder the back side.

Jon Addisonís stone walls have been installed. On the tall side I added those rusty old anchor bolts.

An interior workshop photo was set in so their would be something to look at. I added LEDs to the upper floors for those night shots. Only the office staff will be working nights. This photo might have to be replaced with something more distillery purposed.

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 11/21/2018 :  9:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, guess you might replace the interior photo when the spirits move you :) Looks good!

robchant
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/21/2018 :  9:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful structure Frank ... the treatment on all of the walls is impressive ... I especially like your stone work.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2018 :  12:04:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I stopped by for a drink but the place was closed. What the???

Anyway its an awesome looking build Frank!

You and Pauline have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2018 :  06:59:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I remember this building.....and like it... ..the laser cut jig for the railing is great!

Noticed you used framed windows over the stone and brick... hey, if you can do it...then I can too!

But I have questions:

What brand/model brick sheet was used?

Mr Addisons' stone walls? Please elaborate.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2018 :  08:33:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great looking building!

Mike

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 11/22/2018 :  10:33:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Bill, at yeast Iíll get it correct one of these daze.

Rob, I have to admit Jon does a nice job. Now he only owes me 9 return favors.

Jerry, thanks come back when weíre open. Happy T-Day to you and Diane.

Carl, yes itís an oldie. Hey I can do anything I want. The stone walls are made by . . . I have no idea.

Thanks Mike. Keep warm in them thar hills.

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 11/22/2018 10:37:15 AM

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 11/22/2018 :  12:41:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm starting to get project-completion anxiety...what will I be able to follow once this is complete? It has been such a pleasure to watch come to life.
Cheers,
Dave

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 11/22/2018 :  6:53:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
David, Yes we are soon going to be coming to an end. I have to finish the distillery, Dave is working on the scrap yard building, Tim is working on an overhead crane system for the scrap loading facility and Jim is puttering with some of the other buildings. Jim says he still would like to build another brick warehouse or two. Only smaller that the present one.

We had an open house at the Center last weekend for both Saturday and Sunday. We did the 2 days because we were featured on the local Fox TV's morning show. The host visits various business and presents four 3-4 minute spots and several 30 second teasers. We usually get blasted with new visitors. We also offered $2 off admission if you mentioned you heard it on "Charlie". We were slammed both days.

The kids were blown away with the interactive switching layout. Some adults had to give way for the kids. We had them as young as 3 operating the trains. Jim was the switchman from 11am to 2:30pm without a break. Way more popular than he ever imagined.

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 11/22/2018 6:57:28 PM

Page: of 39 Topic Next Topic: 2x3 Cork Board Challenge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000