Railroad Line Forums - O-Scale Switching Layout
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 104 ]  [ Total: 108 ]  [ Newest Member: Hawghead ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Micro & Mini Layouts
 O-Scale Switching Layout
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: 2x3 Cork Board Challenge
Page: of 39

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/10/2018 :  8:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank', it is difficult to believe that tug is not metal. It is a very, very, realistic looking vessel. The weathering is just perfect. Outstanding achievement Frank..OUTSTANDING''..

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2018 :  07:29:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, Looks like you've tied this part of the project up nicely :)

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 10/11/2018 :  10:20:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks David.

Thanks for the kudos on the weathering Ted. I have to control myself to not go all out on the weathering. Most tugs I saw on the net were in really good condition.

Iím knot finished totally, still have the name plaques.

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 10/14/2018 :  09:07:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, next Saturday's open house is looming so we had a full crew working on scenery yesterday. We'll see how it looks Wednesday when the glue is dry. We will then blend in some additional colors on the static grass and get serious about planting the buildings and some detail around the scenes.

This gives you a sense for the overall color balance.

Cool shot from Frank's car float with the lights on and the yard in the background.

The good news is the pool of white glue does not present toxic hazard to the local residents:)

This is our "scenery assembly line" Henry Ford would be proud. We had three static grass guns going at one time as well. It's Florida, and I was expecting an lightening strike.

This gives you a picture of the layout looks like overall at this point.

Dave laser cut two signs for the facia.

Still more detail to add to the Westinghouse building this week but at least the lights are on. We now have two lighting scenes, full daylight and dusk which can be switched back and forth with a rocker switch. Here you see two buildings in the dusk mode.

Jim

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/14/2018 :  09:28:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim,

Thatís an awesome view down the length of the layout. I also like the lineup of glue dispensers.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 10/14/2018 :  09:33:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Mike. I had to whip the crew into shape to beat the deadline for next Saturday. Fortunately they responded. I do think we cleaned Sam's Club out of mustard/ketchup dispensers though.

Jim

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 10/14/2018 :  09:36:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good work session, great progress, and it looks good too.

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/14/2018 :  8:09:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank,
I look at your tug and barge and think...How does He do it? The detail and the realism is extraordinary!
Always a pleasure to see your models.
Dave

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/14/2018 :  8:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim,looks like extraordinary is the word for this fantastic work of art. You guys have created a completely realistic switching operation. The color schemes are spot on along with every other detail. Outstanding job Gents'..

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/14/2018 :  8:46:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow!

Just Wow!

Pete
in Michigan

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 10/14/2018 :  10:49:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, guys. This will be a big week for the layout so stand by for more updates.

Jim

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/15/2018 :  06:13:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks great guys!

Mike

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/15/2018 :  08:01:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well done boys! I have to get up there to see it. Maybe the November or December dates.

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 10/15/2018 :  08:13:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carl B

Well done boys! I have to get up there to see it. Maybe the November or December dates.

We'd love to see you here, Carl!

Jim

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 10/15/2018 :  10:33:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guff

Frank,
I look at your tug and barge and think...How does He do it? The detail and the realism is extraordinary!
Always a pleasure to see your models.
Dave

Dave I live in a vacuum and I have loads of time to research and develop. Besides Jim is a tuff task master.

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 10/15/2018 10:34:15 AM

Page: of 39 Topic Next Topic: 2x3 Cork Board Challenge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000