Railroad Line Forums - O-Scale Switching Layout
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 123 ]  [ Total: 129 ]  [ Newest Member: krasche53 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Micro & Mini Layouts
 O-Scale Switching Layout
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: 2x3 Cork Board Challenge
Page: of 39

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 10/05/2018 :  5:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Palmer

WHAT! The next 2 weeks.

Yes, I am in Dallas all next week!

Jim

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/05/2018 :  6:11:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The photos show what a good decision it was on page 10 to build the ďbubble out,Ē providing appropriate room for barge and tug. Also, by sticking out on one end it sort of pulls in the observer, putting him or her in the midst of the scene.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 10/05/2018 :  6:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tampa Jim

quote:
Originally posted by Frank Palmer

WHAT! The next 2 weeks.

Yes, I am in Dallas all next week!

Jim, that's what I thought you said, "finished in the next 2 weeks". AND you're gone for the next week. Nice guy.

True Mike but it makes one of those dreaded leaning shelves.

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 10/05/2018 6:50:07 PM

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/06/2018 :  1:06:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a lot of talk about fine scale modeling on the various forums and magazines. This production epitomizes that term to the letter'.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Gentlemen for demonstrating to us, real, Fine Scale Modeling'...

Edited by - quartergauger48 on 10/06/2018 1:08:43 PM

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 10/06/2018 :  1:28:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ted, thanks for your kind comments! The next three weeks will really make a big difference on this layout as we jump into the latter stages of scenery and detailing buildings. This has been a fun project and we will be tweaking it a year from now:)

Jim

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 10/06/2018 :  5:50:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ted, I guess we're in the right place for "Fine Scale Modeling".

https://www.finescalemodeling.org/

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/07/2018 :  06:41:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Ted, if you ever get down to the Tampa Florida area their place is a MUST see!

Mike

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 10/07/2018 :  08:52:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the recommendation Mike.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 10/09/2018 :  2:46:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Iíve had this O-Scale building in my parts bin for some time. Itís an HO upsize to O building I made for a friend that didnít work out so well. I made him a proper one and kept this orphan.

So it just sat, besides I had no interest in O-Scale till now. I decided to drag it out fix the errors and get building. I still havenít decided what it will be manufacturing, dispensing or storing or what the surface coverings will be. I made tin for the over the track portion but the rest is a mystery. Humm, maybe stone on the ends would look good.

Hereís a peak at the HO version on my Wreckerís Reef layout.

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 10/09/2018 2:47:35 PM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/09/2018 :  3:32:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank stone would be nice.

Looking forward to the build. Maybe you can build a Wreckers Reef in O-Scale to keep the HO one company!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 10/09/2018 :  6:58:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Why do you keep the lighting valance inside the layout if I might ask?

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/09/2018 :  8:32:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, just one question. What is this guy doing with his zipper down???

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 10/10/2018 :  07:43:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jerry, Iíll try to find some stone then.

Martin, the idea is to make this a switching layout. Jim was concerned about the valence being in the way of people leaning over to uncouple cars and bumping their heads on the valence. Thatís why itís so far back.

Ted, when you gottaí go . . . .

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 10/10/2018 :  6:28:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today's update.

All spring lines in use.

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 10/10/2018 :  6:45:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luverly!
Cheers,
Dave

Page: of 39 Topic Next Topic: 2x3 Cork Board Challenge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To: