Railroad Line Forums - O-Scale Switching Layout
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 110 ]  [ Total: 116 ]  [ Newest Member: rsmokingus ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Micro & Mini Layouts
 O-Scale Switching Layout
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: 2x3 Cork Board Challenge
Page: of 39

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 09/27/2018 :  8:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Daniel. We love doing these projects and hopefully something we discover here will be helpful to others. We are learning everyday ourselves!

Jim

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2018 :  10:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Daniel, you're up against the Model Mania Mafia. Our motto is "once in you never get out".

danielb
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/28/2018 :  5:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is true I guess Frank. There are more of you guys, I'm pretty much doing all the scenery on my own so Ford can have fun playing with all the cool electronic toys he's got for the layout :D

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 09/29/2018 :  4:51:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, we finally got the layout moved from the back room to it's permanent spot on the floor. We disassembled the Dolly Varden Mine layout make space. The good news it came part just as we had planned and was easy to set up in the new location. We plan to display this layout at a show or two outside our museum, so it needs to be portable.

Dave scratch built a chain link-fence and gate to go across the tracks that lead to Frank's car float. It is fully functional and I attached a pic of the prototype here as well.

Dave also put lights in his Olympia Tool and Die building.

Frank and Dave also redid the rip rap on the retaining wall along the water. It's made from sheet aluminum and corrugated with a crimping tool Some hammered grey paint, rust brown paint, and weathering powders finished it off. We are making progress before the October 20th open house.

Jim

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2018 :  5:24:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim, the scenery work is completely outstanding'... You guys need to take a bow'.. Beautiful work'...

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2018 :  11:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great work guys. I'm sure it will be a winner with the visitors next month!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2018 :  08:49:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Mike

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 09/30/2018 :  08:55:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Ted and Jerry. We are just getting into the final scenery application at this point. What you are seeing in these pics is Jon Addison's work, and after we all left yesterday he went back to add some static grass. Here are the updated pics.

Jim

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2018 :  09:51:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice!
Dave

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2018 :  12:03:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like Jon still has that magic touch!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 10/05/2018 :  1:48:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Spent some time working on the interior lights of the Westinghouse seven-story building. Here are some shots that show the front view, a close up of the interior through the windows, and the shadow boxes I built behind it to get the effect. Only certain blocks of windows were lit with the shadowboxes and collected pictures on line of warehouse and factory interiors which is copied, sized in Word, and then printed.

Jim

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 10/05/2018 :  1:57:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loving it!
Cheers,
Dave

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 10/05/2018 :  2:03:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Frank got his car float, tug, and lift detail in place Wednesday. Like all of our scenes so far, it is still being finished off, but this is pretty stunning! I put one of the raw videos in this post as well as Dave was testing out his new electronic pan device for shooting video on an iPhone. Please ignore the irreverent comments and Frank's sea gull imitation as those will ultimately be edited out:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4tsuaTgd0Q

Jim

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 10/05/2018 :  2:04:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Clark

Loving it!
Cheers,
Dave

Thanks, Dave. I hope to have this finished in the next two weeks. Fingers crossed.

Jim

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 10/05/2018 :  4:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WHAT! The next 2 weeks.

Page: of 39 Topic Next Topic: 2x3 Cork Board Challenge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.67 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000