Railroad Line Forums - O-Scale Switching Layout
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 108 ]  [ Total: 109 ]  [ Newest Member: Hawghead ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Micro & Mini Layouts
 O-Scale Switching Layout
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: 2x3 Cork Board Challenge
Page: of 39

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/09/2018 :  6:52:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great looking layout. Whatever you did to finalize the barge worked, it looks fantastic.

Dave

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 09/10/2018 :  11:50:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave.

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 09/10/2018 :  5:03:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, a seven-story building in O Scale is indeed a project, but at least I am past the basic structure stage. Hope to add the roof and begin detailing the individual bricks soon, then add mortar lines. You can see the wood structure that holds all this together. Up to about five pounds now:)

Just ordered rooftop details and vents.

Jim

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 09/10/2018 :  7:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks good. Will you add any interior details behind any of the windows?

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 09/10/2018 :  11:00:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not sure yet, Bill. I do plan to add lights (and light boxes). The scale does invite an interior, for sure.

Jim

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/10/2018 :  11:36:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim that's really coming along nicely.

Yes some interior would really look sharp.

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 09/11/2018 :  07:53:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks,Jerry. In the past I have downloaded some photographs of building interiors and scaled them to size. I then mounted them on Gatorplas backing. I think I will experiment with that here as well to see how it looks. The building front is only 4" deep so I could mount the photos on the backboard easily enough and with the right lighting, it might work. I'll keep you posted.

Jim

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 09/11/2018 :  08:32:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim, I like the idea of photos in the windows. Do you have one of the Lucky Penny Band practicing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AibyUf5xv20

That's our very own Tampa Jim on drums. 1-2-3-4- hit it.

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 09/11/2018 08:33:51 AM

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 09/11/2018 :  08:48:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim, if you mount the photos set back even 3/4 inch from the window and surround it with black sides the illusion of depth is greatly increased compared to just gluing it flush to the back of the "glass". You can detail a few windows that way and dirty up or paint out most of them and overall it will look very detailed and busy.

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/11/2018 :  11:14:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like what I see here.

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 09/11/2018 :  11:20:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, I'm just catching up with all of the fantastic work that you've been doing here!
My work at our cottage building a deck this summer has prevented me from commenting more often.
Keep up the great work that you always do!!

Greg Shinnie

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 09/11/2018 :  3:50:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Palmer

Jim, I like the idea of photos in the windows. Do you have one of the Lucky Penny Band practicing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AibyUf5xv20

That's our very own Tampa Jim on drums. 1-2-3-4- hit it.

Oh, Frank, that is video is over ten years old and I am the only original band member. Here is a more current one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYdAALTr7jk&feature=youtu.be

Jim

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/11/2018 :  3:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a real pleasure looking in on this thread and seeing all the great modeling all of you are doing.
Thanks for sharing.

As you think, so will you be.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 09/11/2018 :  4:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Seems an opportunity not to be missed, although most music venues I’ve seen have very little in the way of windows you can see through. So, get a sound unit and model the crowd in front and a super-cool drummer taking a break outside while the guitarist and chanteuse sing McCartney’s “Tug of War.”

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 09/11/2018 :  4:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great idea, Mike. Frank would love that song!

Jim

Page: of 39 Topic Next Topic: 2x3 Cork Board Challenge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000