Railroad Line Forums - ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 222 ]  [ Total: 227 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Geezers Lounge Volume 27 Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower
Page: of 5

p51
Section Hand

Posted - 11/06/2020 :  1:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit p51's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, guys!
Hopefully my article will appear in RMC soon, I was told it'll likely be at the end of 2020 or start of 2021. Haven't heard confirmation yet.
Trainmasters is supposed to run a segment of video on my layout maybe next month.
Once dates are known for sure, I'll post them here...

p51
Section Hand

Posted - 11/09/2020 :  2:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit p51's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I added a new gas pump at the Grindstaff store. It's a very small detail but I found a very good looking model of the right Texaco brand pump for normal leaded gas that would have bene in use in rural areas in the 40s.
It's 1/43 scale so it's a little bigger than it should be, but these pumps were very tall in real life, so I think it works well.
It only took about 20 minute of weathering (dry brushing and washes) to get it to look right for the location.
I got a second one, but ethyl gas pumps were yellow and I can't think of a way to paint the other to a authentic looking yellow without ripping off the excellent decals already on this pump...

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 11/10/2020 :  07:33:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice!

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/10/2020 :  08:11:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice. Great scene.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

p51
Section Hand

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  2:52:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit p51's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On my layout, veterans are never forgotten:

Lee Bishop
Captain, US Army
1998-2006

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  4:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your service and all the vets.

p51
Section Hand

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  6:29:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit p51's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A few random close-in shots around the Buladeen depot over the weekend...

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  08:26:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

p51
Section Hand

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  1:22:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit p51's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Like many (most?) of you, my layout has been sitting idle for most of 2020. I had an op session scheduled when COVID wasn't on anyone's radar in the US yet and found it conflicted with another one I didn't know about, and nobody signed on. Then the pandemic hit and all I got was emails from people saying, "I wish I'd signed up then..."
Here we are, several months later and no end in sight. A friend of mine yesterday on the phone mentioned coming by 'sometime' and running trains. I didn't have the heart to tell him there'll be no op sessions for a very long time.
This thing isn't going away soon. The earliest I'll have an op sessions will be the summer of 2021, and I don't expect even that to happen.
I hear it all the time now, "I can't put my life on hold like this..."
YEAH, you can, and you're supposed to.
I had to study infectious diseases when I was my unit's Nuclear/Biological/Chemical officer in the Army (among my many extra duties) and I already had an idea what was coming when COVID got a grip here and it became clear how virulent it is...
So for now, I run trains myself from time to time for the heck of it, keep adding trees and details (because you can never have too many of either) and taking new angle photos.

Edited by - p51 on 11/18/2020 7:25:32 PM

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  6:19:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Iíve enjoyed seeing your latest photos. And Iím in agreement with you on precautions.

Mike

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  7:11:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Guff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Top notch modeling and photography! I enjoyed viewing your postings.

David Guffey

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Geezers Lounge Volume 27 Topic Next Topic: Crossing Tower  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000