Railroad Line Forums - HO Scale ACE Millwork & Cabinets
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 105 ]  [ Total: 111 ]  [ Newest Member: Marshallx ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 HO Scale ACE Millwork & Cabinets
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: HO Triangular wood strips Topic Next Topic: Another Visit to the F&SM RR  

wrongsideofthetracks
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/20/2018 :  5:07:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit wrongsideofthetracks's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. He is a build I am just finishing up on. It is the ITLA Olympia Tile kit and decided to build mine out into ACE Millwork & Cabinets. It is going on my own layout. Quite happy with it - neat little building that fits exactly into the area I wanted to put it. Pretty easy construction and then of course painted and detailed. Here are some of the features:

ACE Millwork & Cabinets
- Base kit - ITLA Olympic Tile, HO scale. Used some spare ITLA sidewalk pieces for the base from another kit.
- Pained with Mission Models acrylic paints. Great acrylic paints if you have never used them before. Mostly military colours, but some weathering, metals and modern equipment colours as well. Great for airbrush and you can also brush paint them as well. Some other use of Tamiya and Mig Ammo for some of the other painting.
- Weathered using Pan Pastels, Mig Ammo pigments, washes and other weathering enamels. Abtleilung 502 oils.
- 3D printed details (roof hatch, roof drains etc. Other cast metal, cast resin and laser cut details from a wide variety of manufacturers. Preiser figures.

Here are some pictures of what I built:

http://apachemodelworks.blogspot.ca
British Columbia, Canada

ed k
Fireman

Posted - 01/20/2018 :  5:16:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, I love your modeling and the information you provide.
Thank you.
ed

tct855
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/20/2018 :  6:25:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit tct855's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wrongside,

What an incredible structure. The modeling is ridiculously awesome. Great Job. Thanx Thom...

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 01/20/2018 :  7:37:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, that looks amazing from every angle!
Wonderful work!

Greg Shinnie

ed k
Fireman

Posted - 01/20/2018 :  7:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl,
I believe I see your builds on the ITLA web site.
All well executed.
ed

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 01/20/2018 :  8:05:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fantastic details, Karl. I have one of their kits, and every time I see your work, I want to get it started. plenty of great ideas here.

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

mecrr
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/20/2018 :  8:25:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl,
Beautifully done.
David

A Maine Expatriate living in the valley of Northern California - Modeling in HO.
David Stickney

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 01/20/2018 :  8:29:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Karl, beautiful craftsmanship, painting, weathering and placement of detail items. Simply brilliant!

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

wrongsideofthetracks
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/20/2018 :  8:55:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit wrongsideofthetracks's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys.

British Columbia, Canada

wrongsideofthetracks
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/20/2018 :  8:57:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit wrongsideofthetracks's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nelson458

Fantastic details, Karl. I have one of their kits, and every time I see your work, I want to get it started. plenty of great ideas here.

Give it a go Tony. I quite like their kits and have built a number of them. They are easy to put together, giving time for painting, weathering and detailing. They fit will into the scheme of my layout and modelling in general and like most kits I build, I can change around the signage and details and make the building more unique and different for my own layout. Good for kit bashing!

British Columbia, Canada

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/20/2018 :  10:51:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, that is a brilliant build! Nice job!

Ted

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/20/2018 :  11:39:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl,
Fantastic build of a great looking building.
You have a master's touch. Love it!
Dave

Bigdon
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/29/2018 :  06:12:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tremendous job Karl --- a perfect example of how a smaller, relatively non-descript structure can be made to 'shine' with the excellent use of paint colours, weathering and detail parts.

Where did you source the 3D printed parts???

Don

Previous Topic: HO Triangular wood strips Topic Next Topic: Another Visit to the F&SM RR  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.77 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000