Railroad Line Forums - A Little Wildlife
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 114 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Wildlife
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Bergen, New York coal dealer Topic Next Topic: All Scale Rails  New Video Section
Page: of 83

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 02/26/2018 :  10:47:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ensign

Hi everyone, coming back from shovelling off the roof of the cottage tonight, I saw four different Snowy Owls.
I stopped and got pics of 2 of them.

Awesome! Great shots. I love owls, they are such beautiful and interesting birds.

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 02/26/2018 :  10:49:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Palmer

Oh boy guess who's back? Yep, it's Wally Gator. Only this time he brought his meal with him. He killed a possum and left it a few feet from the bank in my back yard. I was looking out the window trying to figure what the heck was bobbing up and down. It's the gator chewing on his latest kill. So I got my camera and went for a closer look. No fear he's just a little guy, about 4 to 5 feet long.

Cool! Be careful though, those little guys have a way of turning into big guys.

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 02/26/2018 :  10:50:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Recently I spotted a hummingbird in its nest, a few blocks from our house:

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 02/26/2018 :  11:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ray, nice close up photos of that Hummingbird on it's nest.
Great that you even spotted it!

Greg Shinnie

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/27/2018 :  2:45:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lots of excellent photos by everyone.

Greg, do hummingbirds hum because they don't know the words?

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 02/28/2018 :  9:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sad news -- I went to check on the hummingbird today, and found that the tree had been cut way back. No more nest.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2018 :  07:39:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

FiatFan
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/01/2018 :  08:47:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rick

Lots of excellent photos by everyone.

Greg, do hummingbirds hum because they don't know the words?

They hum because they are not allowed to sing. Ask the only kid in the 8th grade who was not allowed to sing in the 8th grade choir. True story.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Tom

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 03/27/2018 :  6:25:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Big hummingbird, right outside my kitchen window.

I hope he's not waiting on me!

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 03/29/2018 :  5:56:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I found this little guy resting underneath some clutter on the side of the house and transported him to the back yard. It's a Florida Brown Snake, this one's 13" long and that's about it for these guys.

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 03/29/2018 5:57:38 PM

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2018 :  09:04:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe that's a Dekay snake Frank. We have em' here as well. Had one on my layout awhile back in the process of getting ready to give birth. Got her out to the flower bed in the nick of time!

https://www.floridamuseum.ufl.edu/herpetology/fl-snakes/identification/snake-id-q49-dekays-brown-snake/

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 03/30/2018 :  09:45:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I didn't find a picture that looked exactly like the one in my yard. I couldn't decide if it was one or the other. Thanks Mike.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 04/12/2018 :  4:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The backyard was busy today. Early on the Moor Hens paid me a visit. The Sandhill crane is on the nest across the pond, shouldn't be long now till the eggs hatch. But the Moor Hens better beware because the gator showed up this afternoon. Humm, 6' of shoes.

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 04/12/2018 6:37:23 PM

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/12/2018 :  11:04:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, he feels right at home on your spread'..It would appear he don't like duck'..

ted :<)

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 04/13/2018 :  07:36:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now if you could get that gator to lay around in your front yard you wouldn't have to worry about door to door salespeople!

Page: of 83 Previous Topic: Bergen, New York coal dealer Topic Next Topic: All Scale Rails  New Video Section  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000