Railroad Line Forums - A Little Wildlife
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 104 ]  [ Total: 109 ]  [ Newest Member: bogeycat99 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Wildlife
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery:LateAug17MOW Structures & Equipment Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: Early Aug 17 The Loading Dock
Page: of 78

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 06/26/2016 :  2:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And here's Rocky. Eating out of the polecat's food dish.

jaynjay
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/23/2016 :  1:51:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit jaynjay's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hope this helps the little guy

John

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 08/04/2016 :  12:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John, looks like that balloon didn't have the desired effect on that poor Racoon.

Here is a wild Turkey with her young, that I photographed up north at our cottage.

I've never seen wild Turkeys around the cottage before, but I think it has something to do with my daughter Emma feeding and befriending Chipmunks.

She keeps putting out little piles of bird seed, and now the turkeys have discovered this fact.
As a side note, did you know that a group of turkeys is called a "rafter" of Turkeys.
I was thinking of starting a petition to change the term rafter that's used to describe a group of Turkeys to instead be referred to as a "Senate" of Turkeys.

I think this would work very well, in both Canada & the United States.
Would you sign a petition to change the term used to describe a group of Turkeys?

Greg Shinnie

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/04/2016 :  9:53:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very cool Greg'..Next up will be the wood chucks, raccoons, skunks and field mice....All seed lovers'...

Ted

jaynjay
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/11/2016 :  1:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit jaynjay's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I caught this illusive hog-headed Herring in the backyard pond. Luckily I had my camera with me.

John

Edited by - jaynjay on 08/11/2016 1:40:48 PM

shortliner
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/13/2016 :  12:10:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Truffle for bait works EVERY time!

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 08/13/2016 :  2:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't go in or even near the water if I were you.

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  10:16:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone ever see a white chipmonk? Last seen in June at one of our bridge projects

Rich

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 11/05/2016 :  7:24:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gon to the birds.

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  2:34:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Birds enjoying chow during the blizzard in Southern New England on 2/9/17.

Ted

Edited by - quartergauger48 on 02/10/2017 2:48:54 PM

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 02/12/2017 :  10:06:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Humm, Ted's got lots of snow in his yard and I have lots of sunshine in mine.

I have several youngish cypress trees in the backyard and when the green herons, red shouldered hawks and anhingas sit on the top of the tree they bend it over. These are Bald Cypress so they loose their leaves during the winter. WINTER, it's going to be 76 today.

So I connected 2 lengths of 1" PVC pipe, put a hook near the top and tie wrapped it at the bottom to overcome the problem. Where I have the perch that should be good for a couple of years tree growth.

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 02/12/2017 6:35:10 PM

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2017 :  10:25:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool Frank,
What a lookout!!

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2017 :  10:42:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, keep rubbing it in'..You got ''SUN and I got snow not fair.... Great perch for your nice sized birds. Great idea Frank!'

Ted

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 02/12/2017 :  6:38:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave there is a pond right at the base of the cypress trees and they sit up and size up their next meal.

Ted, I’m just sayin’ it's sunny and warm here in the Sunshine State. The biggest ones that sit there are the blue herons and they’re about 3’ tall.

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 02/12/2017 6:41:14 PM

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2017 :  6:47:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice idea Frank.

SSHHHH , maybe you shouldn't mention it's nice here, more people will come!

Page: of 78 Previous Topic: The Gallery:LateAug17MOW Structures & Equipment Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: Early Aug 17 The Loading Dock  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000