Railroad Line Forums - A Little Wildlife
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 83 ]  [ Total: 86 ]  [ Newest Member: Csarnick ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Wildlife
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: Nov. 17 Modeling With Wood & Paper Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: Oct. 17 Little People Once Again
Page: of 79

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/16/2011 :  4:16:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I want to thank Dutchman for his time in helping me post photo's. Don't know if I will attempt it again, unless i can remember how, but this picture goes with the words on the post above.
Also would like to thank Walt (Rusty Stumps) for his post on the image resizer web page.Thanks.

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/17/2011 :  3:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought I might add the photo of our cherry tree that the Pilliated Woodpecker, above, tried to fashion into condo apartments!

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 01/17/2011 :  4:48:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like you got it Rich!

Mike

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/17/2011 :  7:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a Wild Canadian Goose that goes from this

to this, and he won't leave. He has been with us for over one year. His wings grew funny, probably why he can't fly.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2011 :  07:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that's quite an oddity, Rich.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 01/20/2011 :  8:27:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some dragon flies from this summer:

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/21/2011 :  09:16:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice shots Danny.
I know doing those macro's isn't easy.

As you think, so will you be.

northern6400
Fireman

Posted - 01/21/2011 :  09:36:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great shots Danny.

Chuck Faist
Burlington, Ontario
Enjoy yourself it is later than you think!

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 01/21/2011 :  09:37:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now I see why you went into pro photography; some great shots Danny.

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

Wolfgang
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  06:28:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great pictures from dragon flies, Danny. How many hours does it take?
In the summer we have a few in our garden. They're hatching and you can find the empty coats at the plants.

Wolfgang

come to us
Pueblo & Salt Lake RR

AVRR-PA
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  06:44:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit AVRR-PA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Beautiful work, Danny.

Don

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  06:53:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great bug shots Danny! I only see dragon flies a few times in the summer, and they're always zipping aroud too much for me to even try to take photos of them. Gotta be in the right place at the right time I guess.

Here's a shot of one of my regular wildlife visitors, a grey squirrel trying to get into our bird feeder, took it yesterday. This guy and two other buddies regularly eat the black oil sunflower seeds that fall on the ground from the feeding birds. But once in a while one of them tries to go directly to the source and get a meal. The outer metal frame of the feeder is spring loaded, so when the squirrel gets on it, the frame and metal leaves sink down and cover the feeding ports.

A few months ago I noticed squirrels spending too much time on the feeder, and when I checked it out, the had chewed away the plastic inner shell under the metal grating! I reinforced the area with metal, hopefully this will slow them down a bit.

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

Thorn Creek and Western
Fireman

Posted - 04/01/2011 :  4:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thorn Creek and Western's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is a red wing blackbird in my front yard during today's (April first) snowstorm.

-Dave

-Dave

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 05/17/2011 :  07:46:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hummingbirds have returned to our area with a vengeance. Yesterday it was raining heavily (we got about 3 inches) so I was in for the day. I discovered the hummers fighting over one of the feeders we have that's about 8-10 feet away from a lower floor window. It was a perfect setup for taking photos for me, as I could stay inside relatively dry and do lots of shooting. Of course it was a dark overcast day requiring high ISO setting on the camera, but I did manage to take about 250 shots of the little critters. Discarded about 65 or so, and here are some of the leftovers:

I saw four males, which is strange for us, guess they were all fighting for the territory.

No rain yet today, and its quieter. Wondering if all of the action yesterday was because of the rain. You'll see rain streaks in some of the photos. Fun while it lasted!

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

bitlerisvj
Fireman

Posted - 05/17/2011 :  09:15:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Bob,
These are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!
Regards, Vic Bitleris
quote:
Originally posted by railphotog

Hummingbirds have returned to our area with a vengeance. Yesterday it was raining heavily (we got about 3 inches) so I was in for the day. I discovered the hummers fighting over one of the feeders we have that's about 8-10 feet away from a lower floor window. It was a perfect setup for taking photos for me, as I could stay inside relatively dry and do lots of shooting. Of course it was a dark overcast day requiring high ISO setting on the camera, but I did manage to take about 250 shots of the little critters. Discarded about 65 or so, and here are some of the leftovers:
I saw four males, which is strange for us, guess they were all fighting for the territory.

No rain yet today, and its quieter. Wondering if all of the action yesterday was because of the rain. You'll see rain streaks in some of the photos. Fun while it lasted!

Page: of 79 Previous Topic: The Gallery: Nov. 17 Modeling With Wood & Paper Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: Oct. 17 Little People Once Again  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000