Railroad Line Forums - A Little Wildlife
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 97 ]  [ Total: 103 ]  [ Newest Member: pilot2fly ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Wildlife
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: April 17 Modeling Plant Life Topic Next Topic: Having fun with the camera
Page: of 76

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 06/04/2010 :  10:07:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Her eyes say, "HELP ME!"

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 06/04/2010 :  11:25:46 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
oh they are just so ........
well they better just stay away

dave

RonH56
Fireman

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  9:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is our Eagle, he visits the lake quite often.
The pictures just don't do him justice as I cannot get any more zoom. Believe it or not he is no more than two hundred feet away when I took these shots.

"What the heck wuz that?"
Ron Haviland
Owner/Operator
Red Water Railway Co.
L.B. & S Shortline RR.

Podunk, New England

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  08:32:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought this video would fit right in here:

http://www.wimp.com/babymoose

Babies are cute!

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

Jan Kirkwood
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  09:16:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Dave, that is really good.

Jan

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  4:55:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not often you get the chance to video something like this. This woman did a great job.

Dave Mason
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  5:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, I got a kick out of watching the twins having fun in the sprinkler. Mom looked a bit scroungy.

Once, when hunting with my brother at his camp in the very northern tip of New Hampshire, we came out into a clearing to find a male moose courting a female during the rut. Things were dicey for a while until the female turned and walked into the woods. The male felt she was more interesting than us. Thankfully!

We've had a bit of bear action in the yard recently.

The first picture is of a scraggly two-year old who was on his/her own. Young bear remain with mom for two years until she has new cubs. They are then turned out on their own. This one would not leave the area under the bird feeder no matter how much noise I made.

About a week later, there was a sow with very small twin cubs in the yard. When I opened the back door to take a picture, she ducked behind the barn and they climbed a convenient tree.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  8:54:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruce, Every time I look at our bird feeder I think of your bear pictures.
Glad we don't have that problem.

Dave Mason

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/04/2010 :  11:16:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got this at a company offsite in idaho last week, on the west side of the Tetons. He was being chased by ravens(?). He flew right overhead, perched on a nearby roof, and launched again when the ravens caught up with him. That's when I got this shot. Canon T2i (my new toy :-), Canon 70-300 IS (1st generation) lens, hand-held (about the only really clear shot of the sequence :-)

Happy 4th of July, everyone!

dave

LVN
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/04/2010 :  5:17:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit LVN's Homepage  Reply with Quote

No place like home. Family gathering at Wood's Hole ferry terminal.. Shot taken while wating for departure to Martha's Vineyard.

Chris Lyon
http://www.lyonvalleynorthern.blogspot.com

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 07/12/2010 :  3:49:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Little buddy grabbing a peanut in our backyard this afternoon:

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 07/31/2010 :  06:42:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We seem to be blessed this summer with several hummingbirds who come to my wife's garden and our feeders. At dusk last evening I witnessed at least three of them buzzing about, chasing each other away and stopping for fuel at the feeders. So of course I tried to take some photos, but it wasn't easy! Out of 25 or so that I took, this is about the best. Using my 75-300mm zoom lens, the area of focus is about half an inch or so. And since they don't stay still long enough to actually focus, I had to focus where I hoped they'd show up and shoot away. Got some other great poses, but they are all out of focus. Might have to try another technique to see if I can do better.

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 07/31/2010 :  07:29:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob,
That is one super picture. I don't even try to photograph them as my point and shoot just won't cut it.

Dave Mason

Jan Kirkwood
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 07/31/2010 :  09:07:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Bob what a wonderful picture.

Jan

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  11:44:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This 8 pointer was resting it the woods about 50' from our dining room window this morning. His partner was a nice 6 pointer. I had to use the telephoto with no tripod, so sorry about the slight blur. I don't know what caused the white eyes. You can see that he is still in velvet.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Page: of 76 Previous Topic: The Gallery: April 17 Modeling Plant Life Topic Next Topic: Having fun with the camera  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.66 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000