Railroad Line Forums - A Little Wildlife
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 9 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 59 ]  [ Total: 68 ]  [ Newest Member: Bluegill ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Wildlife
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: How to post pictures on the forum Topic Next Topic: TheGallery:LateJuly17One Last Drive in a Jordan
Page: of 77

k9wrangler
Fireman

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  10:50:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is the Michigan, What the ****!!!! snake....

BE SAFE!!
Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  5:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bruce ... Guts to be so close.
I just hate snakes.
Peter
BCT

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  8:45:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruce... how big is that telephoto lense??

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  03:23:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruce, I'm always impressed when I see people who, on discovering this kind of nasty, come back with the camera instead of staying away.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  06:48:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys, it was interesting to see the reaction of our two year old granddaughter. Her first inclination was to go pick it up.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

tankertoad70
Fireman

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  12:11:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
This cat regularly stalks the squirrels in our back yard, haven't seen it catch one yet. The squirrel appears to know its there, but is fast enough to make it to the nearest tree if the cat starts to pounce. If the cat does run after the squirrel, it usually runs up a tree, goes over to another tree an comes down and continues feeding on the dropped seeds from the bird feeder overhead. A real daredevil!

When we lived on West Blvd in Rapid City, there were lotsa red squirrels around the neighborhood. They would drop nuts on my tomcat Luther while he slept in the front yard. Then when Luther got up, they would try to get him to chase them. Ol' Luther was too smart to try it however and a very patient cat.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  12:07:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
After taking Mum and Geoff down a country road we stopped off at a swamp to take some pics of the cyprus growing in the water, after seein a few snakes I snapped this small baby sunbathing on a log, he was only about 4-5' long.

Karl.A

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  12:21:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Not really wild but Lisa surprised me with him last Saturday evening, 7 week old bundle of mischief.

Karl.A

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  5:41:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Karl
Gators and snakes ... not my cup of tea. But the puppy is a knockout!
Peter
BCT

Mainframer
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  11:34:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl A. Very nice looking puppy. So how long did he sit there? Looks like something has got his attention. Tom

lumberjack
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  7:58:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had some visitors the other day.

Because of the growing number of deer in our area, we are not suppose to feed them....in theory I'm feeding the birds

The white specs on the deer's heads are bird seed dropping down from the feeder.

Gerry Gilliland

Maritime Lumber

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  8:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gerry
Terrific photos of your guests.
Peter
BCT

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  9:03:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I chased some of those "Damnbies" out of my yard today; they were at my feeder, too. You really don't want them in your yard, they carry ticks with nasties like Lyme Disease.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

polarfred
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  8:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today, Mother's Day, I took a picture of the bumblebees on my rhododendron - it was cool, but they were extremely happy to be looking for pollen.

Fred in Orleans

Thorn Creek and Western
Fireman

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  02:08:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thorn Creek and Western's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Across the road from the New Jersey University of Medicine and Dentistry Hospital is a large parking lot. Surrounding the lot is a fairly large area of woodlands. At the end of the lot are sheds that house some of the University's maintenance equipment. For many years a tribe of wild cats have lived in these sheds and woods. They are fed by a local animal rescue group and are spayed and released when they can be captured. Here's a shot of the locally well-known 'Parking Lot Cats:'

But wait-- not all of these are cats! Look closely at the guy to the right of the walking black cat. Yup-- a raccoon!

When I first drove up there were two feeding, but one got scared off:
One time I saw four raccoons feeding with the cats.

Here's another shot from a different angle. The cats may look docile and domesticated, but they are, in fact, completely feral:

As you see, the two species seem perfectly content to live together as long as there is sufficient food:

-Dave

-Dave

Page: of 77 Previous Topic: How to post pictures on the forum Topic Next Topic: TheGallery:LateJuly17One Last Drive in a Jordan  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000