Railroad Line Forums - A Little Wildlife
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 12 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 121 ]  [ Total: 134 ]  [ Newest Member: Bridge ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Wildlife
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: How to post pictures on the forum Topic Next Topic: TheGallery:LateJuly17One Last Drive in a Jordan
Page: of 77

Jim T
Fireman

Posted - 12/20/2008 :  7:42:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice deer, Gerry.

Here's my contribution to the "bird theme" that I took over at a friends house this afternoon:

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  3:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The little bugger made it into our new tray feeder - jumped right up into it:

Then he had to rub it in - showed me the peanut as he went around the house in front of me! (I was shooting from a first floor window):

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  6:31:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The two shots are beautiful, Bob, but the second is particularly wonderful.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  6:54:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That last shot is terrific, Bob.

Here are today's visitors under the bird feeders. The recent ice storm and current snow storm are tough on this crew.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  7:36:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After what they routinely do to -every plant- in our yard, I have very little sympathy for the horned Agent Orange critters these days.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Oliver W. Jr.
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  8:43:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Oliver W. Jr.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote

Ssssshhh! Be vewy quiet . . . he's sweeping!

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  8:51:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob
The second image is FANTASTIC!!!!
Peter
BCT

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  6:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oliver, nice picture. The small hole in the trunk just to the left of the head of the squirrel looks like the eye of a crocodile... And the bark like its scaly skin...

LVN
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  9:54:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit LVN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I also like the way the branch follows the angle of the tail. Good shot Oliver.

Chris Lyon
http://www.lyonvalleynorthern.blogspot.com

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  10:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Neat shots Oliver and Bob.

quote:
Oliver, nice picture. The small hole in the trunk just to the left of the head of the squirrel looks like the eye of a crocodile... And the bark like its scaly skin...

Federic, I think we are looking at ink blobs. When I see Olivers photo it looked like a camelleon' eye to me(sp) I really enjoy pictures like this.

Edited by - Tim Kerkhoff on 01/18/2009 10:04:39 PM

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  07:34:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like we have a new lightkeeper for our backyard lighthouse:

Bob Boudreau

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  12:32:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob
Nice photo of a possibly would be modeler.
Peter
BCT

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  5:10:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tell us the truth, Bob : you never go anywhere without having your camera with you, do you?

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  5:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frederic Testard

Tell us the truth, Bob : you never go anywhere without having your camera with you, do you?

Frederic: I certainly don't! But any of the squirrel or bird photos I've posted recently have all been taken from within our house!

Our house is a "split level" design, meaning the rooms in the first floor are all finished, no basement. The windows on the first level are just a foot or so above the ground. So I use the spare bedroom facing our backyard as my viewing area. I have a stool I can sit on, and keep my two cameras at the ready on the nearby bed.

The feeder where I caught the blue jay and squirrel is about 35 feet away from the window. This lighthouse is sitting in a birdbath about 12-15' beyond the feeder. I often sit and watch the antics of the several large gray squirrels that feed on the seeds that fall from another feeder, attached to our clothes line.

I was watching the lightkeeper squirrel as he scurried about, and had my DSLR with a 75-300mm lens in my hand. When he jumped up on the base of the lighthouse, I raised the window with one hand while bringing the camera up to my eye. I got several shots of it near the lighthouse, jumping off, then feeding on the dropped seeds. Since digital images don't cost anything, I don't mind taking plenty, picking out the more interesting ones.

So shooting within the comfort of the house is what I've been able to do for the past while! Great, especially with the temps down to -20C!

Bob Boudreau

LVN
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  9:18:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit LVN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know if this was posted before but I got this by email from my friend Michel Boucher. That rack is as big as a train and he was definitely the lead unit.

Chris Lyon
http://www.lyonvalleynorthern.blogspot.com

Page: of 77 Previous Topic: How to post pictures on the forum Topic Next Topic: TheGallery:LateJuly17One Last Drive in a Jordan  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000