Railroad Line Forums - A Little Wildlife
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 93 ]  [ Total: 101 ]  [ Newest Member: Davidsamuels ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Wildlife
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery: March 17 Lets Look At The Details Topic Next Topic: A short message front New Zealand
Page: of 75

hunter48820
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  09:01:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike,
A beautiful setting for your horses. They are lucky to have found you and Sandy!! Could be wrong but I think I see a little gleam in that eye!!

Look out for #1, but don't step in #2!

Andy Keeney
Dewitt, MI

Edited by - hunter48820 on 10/24/2007 09:02:47 AM

hunter48820
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  09:05:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deemery

Sorry, but my affinity for white-tail deer went with the entire yard's worth of landscaping 3 of them wiped out in a single day this summer.
dave

Hi Dave,
You won't hurt my feelings any. We also have more than our share of deer around Michigan! But we couldn't just leave the little guy!

Look out for #1, but don't step in #2!

Andy Keeney
Dewitt, MI

Edited by - hunter48820 on 10/24/2007 09:06:03 AM

Jenskey
New Hire

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  09:55:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by C Laskey

Hi Guys & Girls

Well summer has come to an end and we've been busy preparing our meadows for three new lawnmowers. Their names are Jesse, Buba and Ginger. We have had the opportunity to rescue three horses, two Belgiums and one Pergeron. The large Belgium Ginger, came from a home whose owner had a horific tractor accident and is no longer able to take care of her. The other two were abandoned by the owner and were almost starved to death. They have a ways to go but they are making gains every day. As you can see by the pictures they had enough energy to forage around in the burdocks before coming to our meadow last week. It is really neat having them around.

A subtext to this whole adventure was the way in which Ginger arrived here on Sunday. She is terrified of going into a trailer as we verified on Thursday. First round went to Ginger. She broke the lead line and walked to the other side of the meadow . Round two went to Ginger also. We walked her over the moutain; 12 miles and 7 hours later she was a bit frightened but now seems to be content. The three have become a herd and seem quite happy.

Thanks for looking,
Carl and Sandy

Chester
Fireman

Posted - 11/17/2007 :  4:01:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This may show how little affinity I have for the little buggers that have been putting holes in my barn. Sorry Disney fans.

http://modelingin1-87.blogspot.com/

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 11/18/2007 :  06:02:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Urban white tail control. These things are legal in Tennessee during hunting season for white tail. Tried out a similar one at Sportsman's Warehouse. After the sight was adjusted it was falling off a log easy to hit the bullseye. It shot really nice hard fast and straight and didn't take months of practice to master like a regular bow.

L&N nut
Jon

Edited by - LandNnut on 11/18/2007 06:07:53 AM

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 11/18/2007 :  08:04:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chester - I've often said that a squirrel is just a rat with a good PR agent! We have tons of them around my place. They can do some damage!

Jon - In Michigan, you can only use crossbows with a special permit from the DNR, or if you are physically challenged to the point that you cannot use a regular firearm.

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 11/18/2007 :  08:36:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Carl
The last tight close up portrait is just a wonderful image.
Peter

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 11/18/2007 :  2:26:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea the law in Tennessee was just changed recently. It used to be like that here too.
L&N nut

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2007 :  4:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, . .Sad to say that our internet cable is at the top of their food chain. Guess it helps to keep their pearly-whites trimmed. Our cable man had to climb three poles before he found their dastardly deed. He said that squirrels are numero uno on their hit list!

quote:
Originally posted by Cigarguy

Chester - I've often said that a squirrel is just a rat with a good PR agent! . .They can do some damage! . .

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

lumberjack
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/17/2007 :  8:45:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took this picture in Orlando this spring. i think the roller coaster in the background adds interest.

Gerry Gilliland

Maritime Lumber

lumberjack
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/01/2008 :  4:39:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lots of snow here in Atlantic Canada. The girls just love it!

Gerry Gilliland

Maritime Lumber

Chester
Fireman

Posted - 02/03/2008 :  08:20:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty ladies Gerry, meet Kea, our son's pup.

Found this guy in my back lot back in Sept.

http://modelingin1-87.blogspot.com/

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  10:55:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful snow dogs Chester and lumberjack.

here are just some of the 250 plus Kangaroos near our place.

Here is one of the two Blue Tongue lizards that have made a home in our backyard.

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  06:51:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chester
Kea's photograph is classic; simply wonderful.
Peter

shadetreekid
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/16/2008 :  1:57:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great nature shots. Even the lizard seem to be enjoying itself.
No lizards around here, especially with the amount of snow on the ground.

Don Leger
Ottawa, Canada

Page: of 75 Previous Topic: The Gallery: March 17 Lets Look At The Details Topic Next Topic: A short message front New Zealand  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000