Railroad Line Forums - Kitwood Hill Models 9" Turntable
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 60 ]  [ Total: 68 ]  [ Newest Member: Scrocci ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Kitwood Hill Models 9" Turntable
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Experiences selling equipment Topic Next Topic: Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad
Page: of 2

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  10:36:21 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i am a little late into posting this but i figure that if I can help someone out with the building of this turntable than this post will be well worth the delay. Please keep in mind that this was built in July 2017 but i am just getting to a small build thread today

if theres any questions or comments please feel free to ask away

1st step is looking good so far, the spider is going together

soldering the pit rail to the supports that were glued down with CA

On30 Dave
seen on G+, YOUTUBE and FB

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  10:41:22 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

the pit is going together pretty nicely,

starting construction of the bridge

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  10:43:52 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wheel supports finished and the bridge is just sitting in the pit for a test fit

Now to move on to the fit the rail and then the gallows

On30 Dave

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  10:51:00 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Last night I gave up about 1am but as you can see I managed to get the gallows and 1/2 of the support rods in, hope tonight to get the other half finished and start on the NBW details

Still have to do motor work and NBW but she's getting there

at this point she is done and ready to install, motor is supplied for additional money but its well worth it as i put an AR-1 on that circuit, powered it my 3 volt power wire from my computer power supply with a toggle to control the movement forward or back and a push button to control the speed of movement, this set up works great

On30 Dave

ed k
Fireman

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  1:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, Well done. Thank you for sharing.
ed

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  1:11:36 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ed k

Dave, Well done. Thank you for sharing.
ed

No problem
Figured some donít know much about simons kit so here it is and what the finished product looks like

Easy build

On30 Dave

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/02/2018 :  7:59:05 PM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How is it for rail alignment, or from the pictures, is that part of testing not completed? I've been looking at that table for quite sometime now, but don't have the courage to he the first one to build it.

Home of the North Coast Railroad.

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/02/2018 :  9:49:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice SBS progress shots thanks for sharing! looks very nice!

Philip

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  06:40:18 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David J Buchholz

How is it for rail alignment, or from the pictures, is that part of testing not completed? I've been looking at that table for quite sometime now, but don't have the courage to he the first one to build it.

I still have to secure the approach tracks but from what I have seen so far it will be no issue

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys

On30 Dave

brownbr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  07:47:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks great.

Bryan

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  08:03:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really nice. Thanks for the pictures and tutorial.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ed k
Fireman

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  6:57:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, I have two of his kits (structures). Good stuff.
ed

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 01/04/2018 :  5:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
kits that entail soldering scare me off. how difficult was it to get the pit rail in? i need a turntable........

if you suck at playing the trumpet...that's probably why.

ed k
Fireman

Posted - 01/04/2018 :  6:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin, Piece of cake for you brother. Kitwood Hill are among the best.
ed

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/20/2018 :  10:09:15 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kebmo

kits that entail soldering scare me off. how difficult was it to get the pit rail in? i need a turntable........

it comes with a template to help curve and hold the rail as you solder or ca the rail down,

my only recommendation is take the last 3/8 to 1/4 and give them alittle more tweaking so it is not at a point when the rails connect

On30 Dave

man7sell
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/09/2019 :  11:28:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fantastic build, one of these will be perfect for mine.

Paul

Capt. Paul Mansell
https://crookedmileriver.blogspot.com/2018/11/crooked-mile-river-logging-on30-scale.html

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Experiences selling equipment Topic Next Topic: Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000