Railroad Line Forums - THURSDAY LOUNGE
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 84 ]  [ Total: 87 ]  [ Newest Member: maxwellemc ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 THURSDAY LOUNGE
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Thanksgiving Topic Next Topic: Wednesday Lounge  

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/23/2017 :  09:46:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!

Breakfast this morning is light because you all be stuffing yourself later.

Coffee is on and water for the tea guy. Scrambled eggs and bacon with English muffins.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/28!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!
Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/23/2017 :  09:58:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for opening Jerry, Happy Thanksgiving to all Crew.

Looks like a nice couple days in surburban Chicago. Dinner Iím told is at 3 so I will be nibbling all day.

Have a wonderful day
TomO

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/23/2017 :  10:38:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Thanksgiving to all from Clifton, VA. Nippy here this morning, but the sun is shining. Our oldest granddaughter is about an hour out and my sister is due to land in Dulles at 11:30. A smaller group this year than normal, so we downsized the turkey a bit. We got it stuffed and in the oven by 7:45 a.m. and hope to eat around 2.

Here is today's dessert, baked yesterday by Bonnie.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Michael
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 11/23/2017 :  10:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Thanksgiving, to our friends and neighbours south of the border, from the eastern end on Lake Ontario:

Nice looking pumpkin pie, Bruce. I'm jealous. If I leave now, I could be in Virginia by 7:00pm tonight for the leftovers.

Weather here is -1C/30F and cloudy, typical November weather for this part of the world.

Had a chance yesterday to purge stuff from the train/storage/furnace room. Now we can see the layout again! Hooray!

Our local train club is having it's annual flea market this coming Saturday, so there are three boxes of railroadiana headed that way. Plus, I will bring out my T-Trak layout for all to see. Need to head back to basement to spruce it up, pun intended, with some scenery and trees.

Have a great day, everyone.

Michael

Edited by - Michael on 11/23/2017 10:45:54 AM

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/23/2017 :  11:04:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Thanksgiving all!

Getting ready to make a long drive to #1 son's house for Thanksgiving feast. Where we'll meet #2 son who has been driving since yesterday morning. #3 son is working and can't make it. My long drive will be about 8 miles as the crow flies. I'm thankful for that!

Biggest problem is loading all the side dishes and ancillary desserts Donna has made.

Here's one for you kids.

Jim

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/23/2017 :  11:35:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hazy sun and temps approaching 40 this morning in Michigan. I have some cranberries to crush and grind up with an orange for relish, I bought a pie, sweet potato(e) and a meat and cheese tray to take to my son's place today.

The treats look good already. Better have a granola bar to get by for now.

I did a little layout work yesterday after returning from my mother's. Early. My brother is going there today.

Lots to be thankful for and friends here rank high on the list. Best of the season to all of you here.

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/23/2017 :  1:08:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Day, all you Turkeys!

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/23/2017 :  1:18:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, Tom and crew. We're celebrating Thanksgiving at Kitty Hawk, NC where it's a chilly day. Pat and I went for a walk on the beach and I'm now enjoying a nice cup of hot coffee.

We're going out for dinner this evening. The only problem with that is there are no leftovers.

Have a good day.
George

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/23/2017 :  3:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, all!

Second-shift dinner folk may assemble in the Lounge; we'll start serving shortly.

It's 40 and mostly sunny here in the northern mitten, where this sort of weather is a welcome change from the cold, dreary grey of November. Like!!

Not much news to report, other than that technology allowed a "visit" with my mother, brother and SIL today, which was good. At 94, Mom is still thumping along, which is good. Thankful for that, too!

So.... Make it a great day, folks, and Stay Safe!!

Pete
Thankful for much more than is listable
in Michigan

Previous Topic: Thanksgiving Topic Next Topic: Wednesday Lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000