Railroad Line Forums - Wednesday Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 74 ]  [ Total: 80 ]  [ Newest Member: maxwellemc ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Wednesday Lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: THURSDAY LOUNGE Topic Next Topic: TUESDAY MORNING LOUNGE!  

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2017 :  07:04:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from cold So. Wisconsin where it is a frosty 18f degrees heading to 35. The wind is making it feel like 10, the winds will be picking up as the day gets older.

Coffee is ready and it is the Thermite welders blend, tea and hot water, oatmeal, some scrambled eggs and bacon, fresh fruit, Cinnabon rolls and the juice bar. Virtual calories are the best so, please enjoy.

No modeling today as it is travel day. South suburbs of Chicagoland and since it is so windy today there will be no stopping at the Rochelle Railroad Park, which is 1/2 way there.

If you are out and about, be safe as already the crazies are on the roads.

TomO

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2017 :  07:21:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom and the incoming crew. Thanks for opening and the breakfast spread. It's 32 here in N.E. Indiana. The crazies are ALWAYS on the roads! Those speed limit signs are NOT suggestions.

If you have time Tom, you might try stopping by the old Golden Spike shop on 79th around 6300 West. (Mobile) He's about ready to pull the plug, and has some older stuff including quite a few detail parts.

My travel today will be to town (about 5 miles) to fill up gas cans for the snow plow and the Ford tractor. Then a little shop time.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Edited by - BurleyJim on 11/22/2017 07:22:18 AM

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 11/22/2017 :  07:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom, Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew this COLD 28f degree morning. The frost is definitely on the pumpkin.
Two of our sons are driving down today from Michigan. Hope they have a safe trip.

Here's a photo of the Bakery Display Cabinet that will go in a new kit coming out soon. The shelves are separate from the cabinet so that all the goodies on them can be painted then the shelves inserted into the cabinet for display. Don't mind my sloppy painting as my paints are starting to dry out.

Everyone Have a FUN and SAFE day before THANKSGIVING DAY>

Walt

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2017 :  08:26:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom and the rest of the crew. It is sunny here in Clifton, VA as we start this day before Thanksgiving.

Our drive here was uneventful except we passed a horrific accident on RT 15 in Lucketts, VA. If there were not fatalities it would be a miracle.

Bonnie will be making up a few of her dishes today in prep for tomorrow.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2017 :  08:27:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

If you have time Tom, you might try stopping by the old Golden Spike shop on 79th around 6300 West. (Mobile) He's about ready to pull the plug, and has some older stuff including quite a few detail parts

Jim

I havenít been there I bet for 20 years, prefer Lombard Hobbies in Illinois, but the 3 I have in Wisconsin are great.

Tom

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/22/2017 :  09:04:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cloudy and dull this morning. So is the weather.

Off to my mother's this morning for a bit. Tomorrow, Thanksgiving with my son.

I worked on the layout yesterday for a couple of hours after I got the light fixed, one of the main power wires, the black, didn't catch in the wirenut when I put the ballast in. All well now.

Everyone traveling, be careful. Great time for families, enjoy the day.

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2017 :  10:31:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty Stumps

Good morning Tom, Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew this COLD 28f degree morning. The frost is definitely on the pumpkin.
Two of our sons are driving down today from Michigan. Hope they have a safe trip.

Here's a photo of the Bakery Display Cabinet that will go in a new kit coming out soon. The shelves are separate from the cabinet so that all the goodies on them can be painted then the shelves inserted into the cabinet for display. Don't mind my sloppy painting as my paints are starting to dry out.

Everyone Have a FUN and SAFE day before THANKSGIVING DAY>

Early Happy Thanksgiving Walt, That bakery set is really nice. The resin based 3D printer's resolution is terrific. Excellent!

Jim

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2017 :  10:46:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Tom thanks for the coffee & breakfast.

Its a cloudy/rainy/54 here in South Jersey.
Should be clear later today.

Oh yes the crazies are out there today. They will be at the super markets buying turkeys something they should have done a week ago!!

Diane busy in the kitchen getting stuff ready for tomorrow.

Maybe some time at the bench later on today or tonight.

Everyone have a great day!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ed k
Fireman

Posted - 11/22/2017 :  11:17:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning.
Yesterday I got my order from Walt. Well packed and in perfect condition, as I expected. A pleasure sir.
ed

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2017 :  12:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, All!

Grey (gonna be like that for-evah now, or at least until Spring shows up), 32 and at the day's high here in the northern mitten.

I did stop by earlier, grabbed some coffee and a couple (sorry) of the Cinnabon rolls, but had to run. I stopped off at the bakery on the way back over and have a tray of cinnamon rolls on the counter there. Help yourselves....

Heed the words of Jerry The Wise when he cautions about the "crazies" being loose today. My FB feed just got the warnings from the Sheriff in my county and in the next county over, reminding us to get a designated driver, call Mom, Dad, Friends, Neighbors, cab companies, driver companies and so on tonight. Let's try to keep ourselves and others around for tomorrow and the next day, and....

So... With that out of the way, an update. Was feeling pretty good last night, so went to lay track; needed to solder some flex track together before installing it. Fired up the soldering iron. Let it heat up, pulled it out of the holder to test it... no tip. The tip is quietly cooking in the holder. Fixed that, fired it up, made the joints and shut the iron down. Got the bottle of alcohol and the brush to scrub the leftover flux from the joint, put the brush in the bottle and promptly dropped the bottle. Spilled about half a cup of alcohol all over everything, but fortunately not over anything hot.

Decided at that point that NOT firing up the airbrush was probably a good idea, so I hauled on upstairs and picked up a book.

Model Railroading is FUN!!! Except when it isn't....

Make it a great day, folks! Stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

Edited by - Orionvp17 on 11/22/2017 12:45:05 PM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2017 :  12:58:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, Tom and crew. I'm loading the car, getting ready for a trip to the outer Banks of NC. This will be our third Thanksgiving down there. Our daughter and family are sharing a rental and we'll be eating out for our turkey feast.

Pete, I think most of us have have had day's like yours. The key is knowing to just give up and walk away.

Have a good day.

George

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/22/2017 :  3:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pete, iíve had a cloud following me around breaking things like a 4 yr old with a sugar high. Was just at the Meijer store self checkout and the damned box you swipe your card in just fell off the mounting. I hadnít even touched it. Broke wire cutters and a throttle Saturday at Keeneyís and iím really feeling jinxed. Share the misery with ya...

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

Previous Topic: THURSDAY LOUNGE Topic Next Topic: TUESDAY MORNING LOUNGE!  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000