Railroad Line Forums - Along Fever Creek
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 123 ]  [ Total: 126 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Along Fever Creek
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Martin G. Jones Machine Shop Topic Next Topic: Online shopping
Page: of 3

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2018 :  3:35:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John, that is looking good! You mentioned earlier that it would incorporate some modules you had. Where will they go? I love your turnout idea - putting the whole thing on a "plate" will make relocation easier (if that is ever required).
Cheers,
Dave

kewlbrew
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/15/2018 :  9:04:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit kewlbrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave -

In the lower right of the picture and the track plan, you'll see a track that runs to the table edge. That is the attach point for modules. I'll have a corner piece there so that modules (usually about 2 foot wide) can run parallel along that long side. The corner piece will offset the modules so that there are aisles on both sides of the modules. That will be after the big move (ie. shifting the whole thing up to the wall when the wall side scenery is in place).

-John

kewlbrew
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/15/2018 :  9:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit kewlbrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update -

On Saturday, we achieved loop. :D Long time friend Mark was on hand as the first string of cars was pulled fully around the loop by dead rail mogul Fever Creek #2. No derailments occurred. I still need to do section tests with the dcc locos that I have to be sure they run through the most recent sections smoothly. I've also been testing various car combos on the track (rtr and scratch) to check basic tracking and for coupler misalignments. I'm trying to ensure good trackwork before dropping any wires. The dead rail loco has been a huge aid in that regard. I wish I'd had this available with former setups in years past.

-John

shadow50
Section Hand

Posted - 01/30/2018 :  3:02:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John, I'm so happy I was given the "tour" of your railroad. It is looking very impressive and I'm sure as things progress it will be even more outstanding. Please keep us all updated on your progress. We will surely have to do a brew / rail tour more regularly. Cheers!

kewlbrew
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/16/2018 :  11:27:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit kewlbrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Little has changed visually since the last update. The remaining track for the reverse loop and sidings have gone in. The bigger, less visible change is that the track and turnout power buses are in, and all of the power drops to the existing track are done. It's a functioning dcc loop now. Next up is to finish the wiring for the turnout motors on the loop.

-John

kewlbrew
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/10/2019 :  12:16:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit kewlbrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's been awhile since I've posted anything on this. Since the last update, the loop wiring has been installed, the reverser circuit has been installed and auto routes the lead switch, the other switches on the loop have been wired and tested, and there was a run day where several fellow On30ers brought engines and cars to test the loop for operational issues (none found ). There was a pause after that. Life got in the way of fun. I got some focus time last month, so I was able to start foaming things up, and validating building & road placements. Here's what things look like now.

-John

WRGMILW
New Hire

Posted - 04/06/2019 :  8:30:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are coming along well ! You are ahead of me .

I have engines , cars , passenger cars . I still trying to plan a layout . Hope fully soon

WRGMILW
MILWAUKEE FALLEN FLAGS MODEL TRAIN CLUB -CHARTER MEMBER

shadow50
Section Hand

Posted - 06/12/2019 :  5:58:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey John! Just giving you a bit of a bump. How's Fever Creek coming along? Will you be ready for the tour?

kewlbrew
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/15/2019 :  11:23:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit kewlbrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No layout tour. I decided that it would be too much of a rush to get things ready. And, that week is crazy enough already with Ardenwood just a few days before NNGC. Not much has changed in the garage but I do have the queen post bridge parts laid out on the bench. Other distractions have kept me from getting it assembled. This and the mill area are the two things in the way of finishing the track.

-John

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Martin G. Jones Machine Shop Topic Next Topic: Online shopping  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000