Railroad Line Forums - Buchenauer's Garage
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 106 ]  [ Total: 114 ]  [ Newest Member: BURRETT ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Buchenauer's Garage
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Disney Crane Photo Topic Next Topic: SWSM Railroad Camp Scratch Build
Page: of 3

Terry823
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  8:28:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Terry823's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My father-in-law had a Texaco garage, and my wife has hinted for quite a while that I build a version of it. Well, there is no way that he would ever have let his garage get as run down as the one I built. Sorry, Earl, but I couldn't help myself. I like to model decrepit things.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/121262945@N06/albums

Terry

robchant
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  8:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Terry,

This is very well done, and I love the weathering job you did. What scale is it? (Judging from the details, it looks even bigger than O scale.)

Take care,
Rob.

Free Layout Design Help / Some Design Ideas (All Scales)

Terry823
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  8:45:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Terry823's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is O scale. It is a scratchbuilt structure loosely based on the Branline garage kit. I bought the kit but decided to make my own version. In addition, many of the details I "borrowed" from Chuck Doan.

Terry

robchant
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  8:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am even more impressed. My first guess was G scale. The fine details really make the scene.

Free Layout Design Help / Some Design Ideas (All Scales)

tct855
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  8:49:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit tct855's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Terry,
I need to refer to webster's dictionary for a while, to come up with original words to describe the pictures of the incredible modeling skills demonstrated in all those awesome pictures.

For now the truth repeated over and over will have to do since I don't know how to read an actual book these days. . Thanx Thom...

Edited by - tct855 on 09/05/2017 8:51:20 PM

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  10:42:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Terry,

I'm glad you posted this diorama, and I've been looking and drooling at the pictures for a while now, as this is modeling craftmanship in the finest form. Although your pictures give a good description of your extended long hours of work, it is by far better seen in person. And I'm glad that I took the drive on that day!

Rich

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  11:02:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Impressive modeling, Terry. Looks like it's been a long time since the garage has seen a paintbrush. I like all the details, yes, but in particular the paint and weathering.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  11:24:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Terry,

I do agree with Michael, your weathering and painted details do stand out/ Looks like you did a splendid job on perfecting the rust method too.
I especially like the details you placed around the old jeep.

Rich

Terry823
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  11:40:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Terry823's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks,Rob. I have resisted keeping track of how much those little things cost. I'm afraid my wife would see the total and not like these little buildings as much as she did before.

Wow, Thom. I am at a loss of what to say. Thank you.

Michael and Rich. I have been studying the work of Michael Rinaldi of late. One thing he cautions is to try to keep the weathering to scale. I think it is something that I had been trying to do, but his excellent teaching has enabled me to improve that technique quite a bit on this structure. I am really glad you guys noticed that. It was my primary focus on this build.

Terry

Terry

Cowboybilly
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/06/2017 :  01:32:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
phantastik work

Frank The Cowboybilly

sgtbob
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/06/2017 :  06:41:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit sgtbob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very nice,

Bob

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30102&whichpage=1
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38921
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=45371
http://www.freewebs.com/santmod/

RichBeau
Fireman

Posted - 09/06/2017 :  07:13:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful work!

It's work like this that entices me to change scale but then I find it impossible to find a good selection of true-to-scale vehicles for my era.

I did browse many of the photos in your Flickr stream when I noticed that many of them were done with an iPad. Nice work! Just go to show what you can do with what you have.

--Rich

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 09/06/2017 :  09:50:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great work, love the details.

Mark

W,L,&E

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/06/2017 :  10:16:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Terry,
Fantastic Job! Decrepit is wonderful for our models and you captured the rundown, weathered look beautifully.
Dave

Cowboybilly
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/06/2017 :  10:25:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fantastik mor of this please

Frank The Cowboybilly

time2play
Fireman

Posted - 09/06/2017 :  11:08:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Absolutely stunning Terry. Nicely done. Thanks for sharing...

Bob

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Disney Crane Photo Topic Next Topic: SWSM Railroad Camp Scratch Build  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000