Railroad Line Forums - Loco shed, scratchbuild
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 124 ]  [ Total: 132 ]  [ Newest Member: krasche53 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Loco shed, scratchbuild
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Back to basics.... Topic Next Topic: SierraWest and J.E. Mortons Brass & Iron Foundry
Page: of 33

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2018 :  11:13:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lots and lots of junque. Beautiful.

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/21/2018 :  1:11:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony,
Looking good! The detail really adds to the scene of the beautiful enginehouse!
Dave

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 10/21/2018 :  6:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Robert, Michael and Dave, thank you. I think I still have a lot of details to add, it's a matter of coming up with the right ones and where to place them.

In the mean time, I just painted this little guy from Reedoak in France.
http://reedoak.com/

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

Edited by - Nelson458 on 10/21/2018 6:17:56 PM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/21/2018 :  7:11:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow I can't believe this guy traveled all the way from France to be in this diorama!!

Hell your known round the world!!

Looking good Tony keep up the great work.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 10/21/2018 :  8:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TRAINS1941

Wow I can't believe this guy traveled all the way from France to be in this diorama!!

Hell your known round the world!!

Looking good Tony keep up the great work.

LOL, that's funny.

Thanks.

Tony Burgess

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 10/27/2018 :  7:21:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Made this rack today, set of three between posts, will hold clamps and tools to hang, as well as some odd stuff in lower and maybe upper shelves. Any thoughts? I am up In the air on whether it looks good or not.

Alternately I thought of adding separate self-standing shelves.

You won't hurt my feelings which ever way you think.

Tony Burgess

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/28/2018 :  12:15:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like it just the way it is.

This way the tools will be visible.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 10/28/2018 :  08:45:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TRAINS1941

I like it just the way it is.

This way the tools will be visible.

Thanks Jerry. I think that after I get everything added on, it will look a lot better.

Tony Burgess

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/28/2018 :  10:21:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tony,

Once you have tools on it it will look better and make a lot more sense. Right now it looks like an oversized fence even though it logically isnít.

I like the originality; not yet another bench.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 10/28/2018 :  8:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hohn

Tony,

Once you have tools on it it will look better and make a lot more sense. Right now it looks like an oversized fence even though it logically isnít.

I like the originality; not yet another bench.

Mike

Thanks Mike.

Tony Burgess

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 10/30/2018 :  12:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that once it is loaded up with stuff, it will look great. No one is going to be thinking, "if only it were some shelves".
Cheers,
Dave

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 10/30/2018 :  6:00:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Clark

I think that once it is loaded up with stuff, it will look great. No one is going to be thinking, "if only it were some shelves".
Cheers,
Dave

Thanks Dave. The idea is to have some narrow shelves, yet some areas to hang tools. Your right, when I get a chance this weekend, I will load it up, or some of it anyway, depending on how much time I have

Tony Burgess

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 11/04/2018 :  5:07:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is an O scale kit I have from Western Scale Models which includes a shop heater. There isn't one available in HO, so....I made my own. Took the best of some 6 hours over 2 days. Still need to paint it though.

At first, I forgot I had it, and printed off a picture I found on line of the same thing. After I paint it I'll add it between the car and loco side of the shop, along with a coal bin and some tools like a coal rake and shovel. I'll even put in some real coal from Smith & Son's Ballast.

For a size comparison, the first photo is about actual size.

Tony Burgess

Edited by - Nelson458 on 11/04/2018 5:12:04 PM

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 11/05/2018 :  11:35:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a nice warm stove

It's only make-believe

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/05/2018 :  2:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tony,

Nice shop stove. Seems only fitting that what looks like a home-made stove is represented by a home-made model.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Page: of 33 Previous Topic: Back to basics.... Topic Next Topic: SierraWest and J.E. Mortons Brass & Iron Foundry  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000