Railroad Line Forums - Loco shed, scratchbuild
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 118 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: Hawghead ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Loco shed, scratchbuild
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Back to basics.... Topic Next Topic: SierraWest and J.E. Mortons Brass & Iron Foundry
Page: of 33

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 07/14/2018 :  7:42:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony, th ose vises and planers cam out Fantastically Great. Very sharp and impressive.

It's only make-believe

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/14/2018 :  8:41:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Egad. Your shelf and tools are just plane terrific.

Mike

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 07/15/2018 :  09:07:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Robert and Mike, thank you. I think it's plane to see you need quite a few to create a scene you can clamp on to, to create a believable look. Seriously, some of those I built, some are from Shapeways, some are from SSLtd. Took me most of yesterday afternoon. On to the next detail....

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 07/15/2018 :  12:29:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Super nice, Tony !!

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/15/2018 :  1:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with everyone else, excellent modeling!
Very nice tools..and shelves..
Rich

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 07/15/2018 :  3:03:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pennman

I agree with everyone else, excellent modeling!
Very nice tools..and shelves..
Rich

Thanks Rich.

Tony Burgess

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 07/15/2018 :  4:32:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you do some amazing fabricating.....

if you suck at playing the trumpet...that's probably why.

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 07/15/2018 :  5:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kebmo

you do some amazing fabricating.....

That's another way to put it. Thanks.

Tony Burgess

ocalicreek
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/20/2018 :  12:14:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit ocalicreek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tony,

Thank you for including your fingers in some of the shots - gives great perspective on just how TINY these parts really are! Lovely grouping that looks realistic.

Galen

My Train Blog: http://ocalicreek.blogspot.com/

wvg_ca
New Hire

Posted - 07/20/2018 :  02:16:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
out at the farm we had a shed, kind of a blacksmith shop, about eight by ten feet or so ...
it had room for a stationary engine, maybe one to two horse, with wall mounted drill press and grinder with the rest of that
side having a workbench with a mounted leg vise..
the other wall had a small forge [top load] with a hand crank fan, and some shelves. the center had a large anvil
mounted on an old stump.. this building was old when i was young in the late 50's

regards, Warren

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 07/20/2018 :  6:59:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ocalicreek

Tony,

Thank you for including your fingers in some of the shots - gives great perspective on just how TINY these parts really are! Lovely grouping that looks realistic.

Galen

and there I was trying to keep them out of it. . So thank you Galen. Maybe I need to do that more often.

Tony Burgess

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 07/20/2018 :  7:02:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wvg_ca

out at the farm we had a shed, kind of a blacksmith shop, about eight by ten feet or so ...
it had room for a stationary engine, maybe one to two horse, with wall mounted drill press and grinder with the rest of that
side having a workbench with a mounted leg vise..
the other wall had a small forge [top load] with a hand crank fan, and some shelves. the center had a large anvil
mounted on an old stump.. this building was old when i was young in the late 50's

Warren, that's pretty small, but what a lot of detail that would show if in a model. But, I think I'll make mine a little bigger. Thanks for sharing that.

Tony Burgess

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/20/2018 :  8:14:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony that is just some fine detail work. Good to see you going the extra mile on this build. beautiful work.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 07/20/2018 :  8:44:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Warren,

I can visualize it perfectly, was the stationary engine a gas one as I imagine or electric...

Your description conjours up a plethora of modeling ideas and potential.

Karl.A

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 07/21/2018 :  04:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TRAINS1941

Tony that is just some fine detail work. Good to see you going the extra mile on this build. beautiful work.

Thank you Jerry. My intention is to try to do as good as some of the other great modelers that have done similar things. I couldn't come close to some of the masterpieces I have seen, but am loving the attempt to do so.

Tony Burgess

Page: of 33 Previous Topic: Back to basics.... Topic Next Topic: SierraWest and J.E. Mortons Brass & Iron Foundry  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000