Railroad Line Forums - Loco shed, scratchbuild
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 108 ]  [ Total: 113 ]  [ Newest Member: rsmokingus ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Loco shed, scratchbuild
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: banta modelworks hillside water tower kitbash Topic Next Topic: Tellynott corner module
Page: of 33

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 05/27/2018 :  6:44:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carl B

Amazing work!

Thank you Carl, you posted just before me.

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 05/27/2018 :  6:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is still HO, right? I didn't miss something where you launched into G scale? I have one criticism. Your attention to detail is phenomenal and your ability to render "true-life" to miniatures is second-to-none, so why on earth not remove the flash from the jack casting? I'm assuming it is to show us that it is indeed a model...how else would we know?
Cheers,
Dave

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 05/27/2018 :  9:12:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Clark

This is still HO, right? I didn't miss something where you launched into G scale? I have one criticism. Your attention to detail is phenomenal and your ability to render "true-life" to miniatures is second-to-none, so why on earth not remove the flash from the jack casting? I'm assuming it is to show us that it is indeed a model...how else would we know?
Cheers,
Dave

Yes, this is actually HO scale, and thanks for letting me know that I could not see a huge line amongst all that small detail. I need to get my eyes checked. but, at least on the dio, it will be facing the other way. Maybe I'll put a shop rag over it in shame if it keeps gnawing at me.

Tony Burgess

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 05/27/2018 :  9:41:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fantastic details, Tony. I have a dirty greasy old wooden box bought at auction years ago full of metal parts. Iíll bet every workplace, shop and home garage had one or more. I think my car shop needs several.

Mike

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 05/28/2018 :  05:40:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hohn

Fantastic details, Tony. I have a dirty greasy old wooden box bought at auction years ago full of metal parts. Iíll bet every workplace, shop and home garage had one or more. I think my car shop needs several.

Mike

Thanks Mike, well, now I can say I have one

Tony Burgess

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 05/28/2018 :  3:56:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think I'll call it quits for the day. Been a lot of work doing very small things. So here are the latest.

Tony Burgess

time2play
Fireman

Posted - 05/29/2018 :  10:06:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I really enjoy watching your amazing builds of details. Nicely done Tony...

Bob

Dave S
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/29/2018 :  10:25:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony,

Great photos of how the items you have been scratch building fit into the structure. They definitely look like they belong and are well used.
This project just keeps getting better and better. Thanks for these tutorials. They are especially beneficial for modelers, like myself, doing some scratch building in O-Scale.

Later Dave S. Tucson, AZ

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 05/29/2018 :  2:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tony,

You the master of tiny detail. Love your miniature tool and boxes detail. Just wonderful.

Bernd

A PESSIMIST sees a dark tunnel
An OPTIMIST sees light at the end of the tunnel
A REALIST sees a freight train
The LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEER sees three idiots standing on the tracks

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 05/29/2018 :  3:00:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Absolutely fantastic, Tony. Everything.

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 05/29/2018 :  7:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob,
Thank you. I am glad that I can entertain, honestly.

Dave, thank you very much. From your words, it sounds like I am doing just what I imagined.

Bernd, really appreciate your comments. Thank you so much.

And lastly, Michael, thanks, I appreciate it.

Tony Burgess

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 06/02/2018 :  4:14:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just got these in the mail from Shapeways. Lots of tools, a little clean up is expected, and painting, but this will add a lot of detail. There are hammers, vices, clamps, and much more. Neat stuff. You have to be careful how you separate the 'bunch', as you might cut the head off a long hammer or something. I bought more items, but were hard to photograph in the white state.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/DXVUA2CUB/hand-tool-assortment?optionId=65468700

https://www.shapeways.com/product/3GWNLAREJ/engine-house-tools-details?optionId=64841322

Tony Burgess

Dave S
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/02/2018 :  5:20:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony,

If these shop tools were available in 1/48th scale I'd be all over them!

Thanks, Dave S.

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 06/02/2018 :  7:19:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave S

Tony,

Thanks, Dave S.

Ask the person who designed them, see if he can scale it up. I have asked others to scale something down, and they were happy to do so.

Tony Burgess

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 06/02/2018 :  9:08:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nelson458

quote:
Originally posted by Dave S

Tony,

Thanks, Dave S.

Ask the person who designed them, see if he can scale it up. I have asked others to scale something down, and they were happy to do so.

I had the same question! I am waiting for a response as I type.
Cheers,
Dave

Page: of 33 Previous Topic: banta modelworks hillside water tower kitbash Topic Next Topic: Tellynott corner module  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000