Railroad Line Forums - Loco shed, scratchbuild
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 111 ]  [ Total: 112 ]  [ Newest Member: Hawghead ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Loco shed, scratchbuild
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Back to basics.... Topic Next Topic: SierraWest and J.E. Mortons Brass & Iron Foundry
Page: of 33

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 04/13/2018 :  8:33:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tony,

I just love all those windows and Iím still amazed by the doors with hinges. The green you used looks better all the time.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 04/14/2018 :  08:03:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jerry and Mike, think you both. I am happy with the green too, at first it was aaaaahh!!??? ok, let's try it.

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  6:43:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am in the very beginnings of building a woodworkers bench for the car shop. So far I have some wood, not sure of the species, but not basswood, that's for sure, that has a close grain and hard enough to withstand the saw blade of the table saw, and the color is about right. It is the top of the table, with the doles for the dogs cut. Soon I'll be cutting to length and adding the legs and some shelving. The first picture is similar to what I will be doing, but not exactly.

Tony Burgess

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 04/15/2018 :  9:21:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony, in a million years I don't think I would have thought to make the dog holes that way. You're a genius!
Cheers,
Dave

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  07:54:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Clark

Tony, in a million years I don't think I would have thought to make the dog holes that way. You're a genius!
Cheers,
Dave

Boy, if only we could live a tenth of that time, look at all the models we could build. But that is still an awful long time,
Thank you.

Tony Burgess

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  08:31:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very nice Tony!

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  08:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony,

I thought your picture of the table, above, was the model! nice.

Rich

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  09:01:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very ingenious Tony. I'm impressed.

And since you were talking about dog holes. How does the hound dog in the first pic feel about that?

Bernd

A PESSIMIST sees a dark tunnel
An OPTIMIST sees light at the end of the tunnel
A REALIST sees a freight train
The LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEER sees three idiots standing on the tracks

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  09:11:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow!

As you think, so will you be.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  09:46:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful work Tony.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 04/16/2018 :  10:50:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Carl, Rich and Rick. thank you.

Bernd, never noticed the hound dog until you mentioned it Looks like he's hiding out as he got an inkling of what that all means.

Tony Burgess

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  12:58:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, it took a little time an patience, but at least I now have one bench top. I used a .6mm brass screw for the front vice, with .010 styrene rod for the handle, 'threaded' through a toothpick I sized down using one of those dowel making jigs. The end vice handle is usually a little larger, and has heavier hardware, so a small Grandt Line T-union was used. I used .020" styrene rod for the handle. I have some paint touch up to do as the handles freely move within the holder. Now I need to make the supports.

Tony Burgess

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  3:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hot dog! A benchmark in model building.

Mike

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  3:45:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hohn

Hot dog! A benchmark in model building.

Mike

Thanks Mike

Oh, I wanted to post this as well, gives a good idea on the size.

Tony Burgess

Edited by - Nelson458 on 04/17/2018 3:47:25 PM

Dave S
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/17/2018 :  6:23:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nelson,

Great project. I am attempting to do a scratch built structure in 1/48th scale and this workbench will be perfect in the wood shop. Thanks for the idea and inspiration

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ

Page: of 33 Previous Topic: Back to basics.... Topic Next Topic: SierraWest and J.E. Mortons Brass & Iron Foundry  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000