Railroad Line Forums - Bar Mills "Billings Bakery" build
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 85 ]  [ Total: 92 ]  [ Newest Member: hardcoalcase ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Bar Mills "Billings Bakery" build
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Rusty Stumps Cedar Shingles Topic Next Topic: Modelers Annuals, Logging and Mining Annuals  

danielb
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/15/2017 :  02:24:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy all,

I have recently started building the only N scale limited run collectors kit offered by Bar Mills - "Billing's Bakery".

Though intended to be a bakery, I've decided to build this as a sail makers factory to go on my harbour layout.

So far I've braced all the parts going from the guide that comes in the instructions, stained all the parts with a mix of alcohol and india ink, and have layer up paint by drybrushing.

There's a sign included with the instructions that's designed to go on the front wall above the loading dock, but as I wanted to go in a different direction, I went online and found a suitable sign, which was printed out, trimmed to size and applied to the front wall as per the instructions in the kit.

Here's the progress so far:

Looking at these pictures, I appear to have missed notice that one of the windows has come out of the frame slightly. I'll fix that later!

Here's where I left the build progress last night:

I'll post more progress as I make it. :)
-Dan

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 08/15/2017 :  07:52:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dan,

That's a great looking kit. I like the colors and sign in particular; you're giving it a lot of character.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

danielb
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/15/2017 :  07:57:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers Mike. I've been a fan of "steam era" looking structures for a long time, especially wooden ones. So to finally be building up a stock of them for my own layout makes me pretty pleased. :D

-Dan

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/15/2017 :  08:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice job Dan! I like the sign.
Dave

danielb
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/15/2017 :  11:46:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave. I'm on the lookout for more detail parts - likely posters/signs etc.

-Dan

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 08/17/2017 :  6:45:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have built a few Bar Mills kits in all scales over the years. Good Fun and well put together kits.
The Sign work on this is fantastic.

Modeling the Northern Pacific Yacolt Branch
https://yacoltbranch.blogspot.com.au/

danielb
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/22/2017 :  12:13:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice and comments everyone.

I've not made a lot of progress on the build, but some is better than none, right? :)

-Dan

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/22/2017 :  10:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks good Dan,
modeling in N scale makes it even more impressive!
Nice, Dave

ed k
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/22/2017 :  10:45:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cannot imagine modeling in N scale. My peppers would be crying.
Outstanding work.
ed

Previous Topic: Rusty Stumps Cedar Shingles Topic Next Topic: Modelers Annuals, Logging and Mining Annuals  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000