Railroad Line Forums - Bar Mills "Billings Bakery" build
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 53 ]  [ Total: 58 ]  [ Newest Member: Poul Low Moller ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Bar Mills "Billings Bakery" build
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Rusty Stumps Cedar Shingles Topic Next Topic: Modelers Annuals, Logging and Mining Annuals  

danielb
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/15/2017 :  02:24:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy all,

I have recently started building the only N scale limited run collectors kit offered by Bar Mills - "Billing's Bakery".

Though intended to be a bakery, I've decided to build this as a sail makers factory to go on my harbour layout.

So far I've braced all the parts going from the guide that comes in the instructions, stained all the parts with a mix of alcohol and india ink, and have layer up paint by drybrushing.

There's a sign included with the instructions that's designed to go on the front wall above the loading dock, but as I wanted to go in a different direction, I went online and found a suitable sign, which was printed out, trimmed to size and applied to the front wall as per the instructions in the kit.

Here's the progress so far:

Looking at these pictures, I appear to have missed notice that one of the windows has come out of the frame slightly. I'll fix that later!

Here's where I left the build progress last night:

I'll post more progress as I make it. :)
-Dan

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 08/15/2017 :  07:52:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dan,

That's a great looking kit. I like the colors and sign in particular; you're giving it a lot of character.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

danielb
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/15/2017 :  07:57:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers Mike. I've been a fan of "steam era" looking structures for a long time, especially wooden ones. So to finally be building up a stock of them for my own layout makes me pretty pleased. :D

-Dan

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/15/2017 :  08:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice job Dan! I like the sign.
Dave

danielb
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/15/2017 :  11:46:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave. I'm on the lookout for more detail parts - likely posters/signs etc.

-Dan

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 08/17/2017 :  6:45:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have built a few Bar Mills kits in all scales over the years. Good Fun and well put together kits.
The Sign work on this is fantastic.

danielb
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/22/2017 :  12:13:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice and comments everyone.

I've not made a lot of progress on the build, but some is better than none, right? :)

-Dan

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/22/2017 :  10:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks good Dan,
modeling in N scale makes it even more impressive!
Nice, Dave

ed k
Crew Chief

Posted - 08/22/2017 :  10:45:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cannot imagine modeling in N scale. My peppers would be crying.
Outstanding work.
ed

Previous Topic: Rusty Stumps Cedar Shingles Topic Next Topic: Modelers Annuals, Logging and Mining Annuals  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000