Railroad Line Forums - Structures on th LP&N RR, vol.4
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 199 ]  [ Total: 199 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Startin' from Scratch
 Structures on th LP&N RR, vol.4
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Intro.- the Holt house- the White house. 10-22-20 Topic Next Topic: Got the bug.
Page: of 89

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/09/2019 :  07:28:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob,

Just getting back to your thread again, I see that you have dismantled your previous layout. Thanks for the memories of building such fine models with us. I hope whatever you choose will be just as fabulous.

Rich

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 06/09/2019 :  07:51:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not getting out of 1/24 scale model building, just getting rid of the layout. BOB
More memories yet to come :)

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 06/10/2019 :  3:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, glad to read that you have found good homes for most of your beautiful models!
I've been showing off to my friends & neighbours your beautiful models that you graciously gave to me.
Everyone one I show them to is blown away by your workmanship, and level of detail that you've added to each of them.
I don't get the same level of reaction when I show them my models.
Just wanted to thank you again for this wonderful gift! I will treasure them always!
How's that ship model coming along that you were working on when I visited with you?
I would love to see some photos of it, if you get a chance.

Greg Shinnie

Edited by - Ensign on 06/10/2019 3:40:25 PM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/10/2019 :  5:56:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob looking forward to your next project!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/10/2019 :  7:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have “M. Hohn - Blacksmith” on display in our living room and I love showing it to guests. Thank you, Bob!

I’ve never considered doing the same with my own models; no comparison.

Mike

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 06/10/2019 7:39:21 PM

sgtbob
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/11/2019 :  06:04:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your nice comments Dave, Frank, Carl, Rich, Bill, Greg, Jerry, and Mike, I appreciate every one.

Mike, it surprised me that many have turned into individual displays, I had not thought of them
that way. It is a great pleasure to me to know that so many have ended up that way.

Cheers,

Bob

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30102
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51837

PLNT Line
New Hire

Posted - 06/11/2019 :  8:43:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to thank Bob on this forum for his generosity in entrusting the PLNT Line with many of his buildings. Each building will fill a special place on the layout. So special in fact that in the coming weeks and months I hope to create Roberts Port using these buildings and the steamship Sofie as the anchors in honor of Bob's legacy.

Bob, you are a wonderfully talented and generous person. Thank you!

Peter R. Giardini

sgtbob
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  05:55:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Pete, I will be watching to see the developemt of the PLNT Line (BTW, what does PLNT Line stand for?)

Greg, about that little ship model. Sadly, I have put it aside for now in the same stage
of construction as it was when you saw it. The taking down of the LP&N RR has taken up
ALL my time and I have just started trying to re-box my 1/24 scale car and truck collection
for possible sale. I can see that process as taking all my time for a while. Then there is
this. Back as a kid growing up during WW II I did a lot of paper modeling. It was when most
materials were hard to get and paper modeling became a BIG thing. I have kept a love of
paper modeling ever since and dabble in such a model every now and then. I have always
wanted to do a paper model of a sailing ship and while there are many available, most
are more "toy-like". I think I have found the one I have been looking for, published by a
Polish company and have ordered one to see. Will keep you posted.

Bob

Edited by - sgtbob on 06/13/2019 05:56:33 AM

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  1:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to whatever you do, Bob. I know it will be great.

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  1:26:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, I agree with Terrell!
Look forward to seeing you back at work soon, on whatever project you wish to share!

Greg

PLNT Line
New Hire

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  11:52:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob,

PLNT stands for Phillips Lake Navigation and Timber.

There is a Phillips lake South of Bangor Maine and it just so happens a railroad used to run along the shoreline.

As the name implies there will be a lot of waterfront and some timbering... all based very loosely on Maine narrow gauge railroads... only this time the railroads survive and expand.

Pete

sgtbob
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/26/2019 :  05:56:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, the paper model ship has arrived and it looks great. If you wish to follow I will be
posting on the "other than railroad" section of the forum at:

Bob

sgtbob
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  06:46:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, it has been quite a while since I posted to the forum. I have been watching others
with some really outstanding models and have enjoyed following along but the "itch" to
make a model has caught up to me. While the LP&N RR no longer exists I will be working in
the same scale and Charlie will be supervising so I guess I'll just continue along with this
same format instead of making a whole new build string.

This will be a very small scene, no big structure to fill many days and nights of
building. To be honest, what started the idea for this build was the making of a bare tree.
Then I got the idea of modeling the time, seldom if not ever modeled, of a tree that
has shed most of it's fall leaves except for one little area or branch, I do not know why
they sometimes do that. With the first snow the leaves on that branch pull it down with
the snow's weight. That is how branches of trees get broken off. Mine will not be broken
but it will be pulled down.

The thought of a lone tree did not sound very interesting to me so I decided to include a
small simple stone spring house, and of course, snow. I hope all my old friends, and
many new ones, will follow along.

Bob

Edited by - sgtbob on 02/26/2020 10:27:49 AM

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  07:21:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good to hear from you, I'll be looking in.

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  09:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, I will be following with GREAT interest. One side of my layout is in an ambiguous time frame, somewhere between late Fall through very early Spring.
Tiny as the layout is, it needs lots of trees on that side. Most will be completely bare, but some oaks and beeches will have a few lingring leaves.

Page: of 89 Previous Topic: Intro.- the Holt house- the White house. 10-22-20 Topic Next Topic: Got the bug.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000