Railroad Line Forums - Structures on th LP&N RR, vol.4
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 233 ]  [ Total: 239 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Startin' from Scratch
 Structures on th LP&N RR, vol.4
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Intro.- the Holt house- the White house. 10-22-20
Page: of 90

darrylhuffman
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/28/2019 :  10:20:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit darrylhuffman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What to do? What to do? What to do?

Bob, I was talking with my lovely bride of 48 years today about a new art technique I am eager to try.

She said we have no room left on any walls for any more pieces of artwork.

I responded that displaying the finished artwork meant little to me. That what I enjoyed was the work of producing the artwork.

So, Bob, here we sit. 75 years old, shelves, boxes and garage all filled with models we enjoyed building.

So, what do we do?

Getting rid of models involve a lot of time and work that could be spent building more models.

After scratchbuilding most of the past 50 years, I bought an HO scale kit by Fos Scale Models.

I'm finding it a really great pleasure to build kits again with all the laser cut pieces, new weathering materials and computer generated signs.

Bob, I hope your trek to continue building models is filled with happiness and satisfaction.

Party on, Dude!

Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com

You can follow my blog here:

http://ghosttownmodels.blogspot.com/

JeffB
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/29/2019 :  9:12:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob,

Words one doesn't want to read, and yet words of the wise to not want to leave a burden for your family. I have appreciated both learning from you on this forum and your words of encouragement for my builds. I do hope that, while you may not be building models for a layout, you will continue to offer words of advice and encouragement to those of us that have so much to learn from you.

Wishing you all the best,

Jeff Betcher

Edited by - JeffB on 03/29/2019 9:25:35 PM

sgtbob
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2019 :  08:26:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darryl and Jeff, thanks for your comments. Don't worry. I am disbanding the layout but they will
have to pry the Xacto knife from my hands when I go. Model making is in my blood.

Bob

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30102
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51837

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2019 :  11:57:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YESSSSS!!!!

Thanks, Bob!!

Pete
in Michigan

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 03/30/2019 :  6:26:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Coming soon to a pole near you.

I call him Bob.

Frank

sgtbob
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2019 :  05:52:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NO NO NO, He looks very uncomfortable. Look at my avatar, that's me, the real Bob, many
years ago. Straighten his legs and get rid of the overlap in his belt, I never saw anything
like that and it looks dangerous.

Here's a lineman Bob on my layout.

Bob

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30102
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51837

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  08:45:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, well I had the pleasure of visiting with Bob, and his model treasures this past Saturday.
I've been following Bob's work here on his threads for years now, so I am familiar with the models that he has shown us here on the forums.
However this visit gave me a chance to see up close Bob's other amazing works that I'm not familiar with.
Bob, is also a master wood carver a military figure painter a ship builder, aviation modeller, vehicle/truck modeller, you name it Bob has probably built it!
I was blown away seeing all of the amazing models that Bob had on display in his house!
He has to be the most talented modeller that I have ever met in my 56 years on this planet.
I took a bunch of photos of Bob's work that he has displayed throughout his home, mostly in his basement.
So I'm going to share some of those images with you here.
Starting with the man himself, standing beside his layout and the incredible private passenger car (The ARMITAGE) that he built for his LP&N railroad, which he generously gave to me as a gift, as well as 2 other beautiful structure models that I will always treasure!
So here are the photos that I took of Bob's amazing works!

A display case full of aviation models that he has built.

I did not use a flash with my camera in order to try and better capture the illuminated details inside of Bob's structure models.

]

Now for some of his beautiful ship models that he has so expertly built over the years.

Now some of his incredible wood carvings that he has produced.

These are some of the many military figures that Bob has won many awards for painting.

This collection of photos merely scratches the surface of Bob's vast body of work that he has produced over the years.
Many of his models are now on display in museums or in private collections.
It was a honour for me to have visited with Bob, and to see his work in person!
Trust me, the photos do not give a real representation of how incredible Bob's work really is!!!
Thanks again Bob, for letting me come to see your incredibly inspiring works of art!

Greg Shinnie

Edited by - Ensign on 04/19/2019 3:24:58 PM

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  08:56:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All I can say is "WOW", Bob!!!

And thanks for sharing, Greg !!

Edited by - Terrell on 04/17/2019 08:57:12 AM

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  09:20:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree with Terrell...an incredible body of amazing work!

Bravo Bob!

And thanks Greg for your efforts.

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  09:41:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing this with us, Greg.
And Bob, I had no idea of the many models that are in your collection. What a wonderful group of prized pieces and beautiful works of art. An inspiration to me and many other modelers.

Rich

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  10:14:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wonderful works of art indeed!

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  10:24:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Guff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Greg,
Thanks for the photos! Bob is an artist with incredible talent. Seeing samples of his work only makes it more difficult to pick a favorite topic/medium. He excels in every area!!
It's also great to put a face to "sgtbob"
Your efforts to post the photos and comments on his work are greatly appreciated,
Thank You, Dave

David Guffey

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  10:27:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW!!!

Thanks to Bob for allowing Greg to share these images, and thanks to Greg for sharing!

WOW!!

Pete
in Michigan

JeffB
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  11:52:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! Thanks for sharing, Greg. Bob is an amazing modeller. I have never met him in person yet he has taught me a lot through this forum. He has been encouraging to me in my builds and an inspiration.

Jeff

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 04/19/2019 :  4:16:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, thanks for the great comments about Bob's amazing work!
I have some more photos of Bob's great work, to feast your eyes upon.

Enjoy!

This one shown below is a Victorian street scene that's framed like a painting is, and the whole scene is inside of a box behind the picture frame.

Greg Shinnie

Edited by - Ensign on 04/19/2019 4:40:30 PM

Page: of 90 Topic Next Topic: Intro.- the Holt house- the White house. 10-22-20  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 21.81 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000