Railroad Line Forums - Current status on Sn3?
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 170 ]  [ Total: 172 ]  [ Newest Member: Dizzy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The Sn3 Branch
 Current status on Sn3?
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 1870s California in Sn3.5 -Reboot Topic Next Topic: P-B-L Sn3 kits!
Page: of 2

azflyer2001
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/22/2017 :  11:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your response Brian. I'm leaning towards On3, but Sn3 is very appealing. I bit the bullet and purchased a PBL SPNG #8 foreground. It's my least favorite among the three, but at least I'm in the game. Hopefully another will turn up the Denver at the convention.

As much as I like the SPNG, I think I like the idea of freelancing even more, and that's why On3/30 is so appealing. I've even kicked around the idea increasing the vagueness of the location, assuming I can come come up with a credible name. I just need to develop a concept for a 20-30 common carrier that features mining and runs fro the desert into the mountains. LOL

Travis Handschug
Gilbert, Arizona

ed k
Fireman

Posted - 06/28/2017 :  7:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those of us who are not that skilled in layout design, to see what Rob can fit in any space in On30 is to me truly amazing. Easy on the peepers also.
ed

N2626
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 12/11/2017 :  07:08:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's my opinion that Sn3 is doing fine and the rumors of it's death are highly exaggerated! If you go to YouTube you will see many Sn3 layouts. I don't think that mentioning On30 in this thread devoted to Sn3 is fair to Sn3, which should stand alone. Although P-B-L does supply built and ready to roll Sn3 rolling stock, for the most part I think Sn3 is for those people who like and want to build their rolling stock and layout. I have build a P-B-L steel underframe stock car to use to compare to my HO Stuff, to help me decide if I wanted to get out of HO and go Sn3. I found that size wise Sn3 was very close to HO, this caused me to back off on thoughts of going Sn3! However, knowing what I know now as a 30 plus year HO model railroader, where I to start over again, I would definitely go Sn3!

ChrisS
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/11/2017 :  11:43:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently decided to switch to Sn3/S from HOn3/HO and I agree - the scale doesn't seem to be dying, it's just a very small (and tight-knit) community. You could easily miss much of what is going on in 1:64 if you're not looking in a few specific places. As an example, people often seem to assume that Railmaster's excellent line of craftsman locomotive kits are out of production. In fact, John Agnew is still very active in his business - a large chunk of my future roster arrived from him recently. You just won't see much about products like that outside of the S and Sn3 Yahoo groups and a few other S-scale-specific forums and publications.

I also agree that S really is the perfect size. I'm just getting started but I'm very glad to have switched!

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: 1870s California in Sn3.5 -Reboot Topic Next Topic: P-B-L Sn3 kits!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000