Railroad Line Forums - o scale swsm o'neill's fabricating
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 61 ]  [ Total: 66 ]  [ Newest Member: SanderR ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 o scale swsm o'neill's fabricating
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Dirty Stuff Topic Next Topic: Monster Bash
Page: of 2

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  8:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the mailman came the other day.

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  8:44:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
and he brought me a big ol' box from texas.

i don't know for sure, but i assume that paints with the white caps are reaper's and the black are brett's special paints. i like the reaper paints alot. the pigment is very fine and they cover nicely.

this was also in the box:

i'm gonna need a bigger workbench:

i'm currently saving up for o'neill's part two, (about half way there) and i may not start this until i get part two. it seems to me that alot of the details in the o'neill's pilot diorama are in part two, and the label on the box for part one says to transfer the contents of this box into the part two box. i'm going to email brett to find out why.
kinda wrenched my back cleaning the workbench. holding a 1/4" slab of glass out over the bench (to put it back) 4 or 5 times (cuz i kept finding more dirt) did it. anyway, i'm going to contemplate the landscaping for the backwoods water tower and watch the cubs with a few cold ones.

sierrawest
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  9:04:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit sierrawest's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Part one are all of the structures and a good selection of details to get you warmed up for part two! Part two is an insane amount of details allowing you to create the O'Neills Fabrication diorama. Once you order part two it is simply easiest to transfer the contents of part one into the part two box so the kit is not in two boxes. No other reason.

As many of you know, O'Neills was named after our friend Kevin O'Neill who was a regular contributor here and sadly passed away in 2013.

The white capped paint bottles are the incredible Reaper Miniatures metallics....

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  9:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
cubs are off tonight and now i know the rest of the story.
thanks brett

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  11:51:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Kevin does this mean your going to start this kit or what???????

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  12:17:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was kind of wondering the same thing.

M.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

RichBeau
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  07:24:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like a great kit. Hope to see a build thread at some point.

This might be one of those "dreamer" kits for me...
i.e. purchase it and dream of assembling it at a later date.

Why?
If I don't purchase it now I'll never be able to afford it.
I've always envied the detail of O-scale (and Brett's kits). It's the space requirements that scare me.
I still have an old friend's personal challenge hanging over me.

-- Rich

Edited by - RichBeau on 04/06/2017 08:21:47 AM

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  07:51:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i'm think i'm going to wait until i have part two before i start building it.

Craig H
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  11:28:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never heard of Reaper miniatures metallice paints?

Cowboybilly
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  1:50:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAVE A GOOD WORK, I SHOW FOR THE PROGRESS

Frank The Cowboybilly

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  4:31:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sierrawest

Part one are all of the structures and a good selection of details to get you warmed up for part two! Part two is an insane amount of details allowing you to create the O'Neills Fabrication diorama. Once you order part two it is simply easiest to transfer the contents of part one into the part two box so the kit is not in two boxes. No other reason.

As many of you know, O'Neills was named after our friend Kevin O'Neill who was a regular contributor here and sadly passed away in 2013.

The white capped paint bottles are the incredible Reaper Miniatures metallics....

I put in a pre-order for the HO scale "part II" of O'Neill's. I think I will be doing the same, waiting for the second kit before I begin. I have other projects before that anyway. I check in to Brett's site now and then, just to see what else is new, or maybe part II is ready.

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

sierrawest
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  4:55:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit sierrawest's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tony, Tony, Tony... Just to clear up any potential confusion, what Tony is referring to is the next HO Scale kit I will be producing - a brass and iron foundry - which is the companion diorama to O'Neills Fabrication. I have an email list potential buyers can be placed on that will notify them of its availability about a week before I offer for sale on my website. There are no pre-orders/sales etc.... These HO Scale kits do not have a part one or two. The comments I made above refer only to the O Scale versions. If anybody has any questions it is best to contact me directly, happy to help if I can!

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  6:01:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
dare i ask....
when will the o scale foundry be ready?

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  6:02:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
dare i ask....
when will the o scale foundry be ready? and when will we be able to get a look at it?

sierrawest
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  6:06:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit sierrawest's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kevin, Kevin, Kevin... hah! HO Scale Foundry is current project for me. Ready later this year. O Scale will follow. no time frame yet.

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  6:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sierrawest

Tony, Tony, Tony... Just to clear up any potential confusion, what Tony is referring to is the next HO Scale kit I will be producing - a brass and iron foundry - which is the companion diorama to O'Neills Fabrication. I have an email list potential buyers can be placed on that will notify them of its availability about a week before I offer for sale on my website. There are no pre-orders/sales etc.... These HO Scale kits do not have a part one or two. The comments I made above refer only to the O Scale versions. If anybody has any questions it is best to contact me directly, happy to help if I can!

Yes, I knew it was the next building, sorry for the confusion. I just forgot the name. Thanks for clearing that up.

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Dirty Stuff Topic Next Topic: Monster Bash  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000