Railroad Line Forums - "unprototypical structures"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 79 ]  [ Total: 81 ]  [ Newest Member: Deano ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 "unprototypical structures"
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Trying to ID this kit Topic Next Topic: The Southside Hotel from Imagine That Laser Art
Page: of 2

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 04/04/2017 :  09:19:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dirk, Thanks for the info. I've seen old barns where the ridge timber had supposedly shrunk enough that it pulled the gable ends in a bit. But you'r right, that gable wall looks in great shape.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  11:57:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had to snap this picture today as I drove home from the barber shop. It is a structure on a horse farm in town.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

C420
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  7:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Gill

Dirk, Thanks for the info. I've seen old barns where the ridge timber had supposedly shrunk enough that it pulled the gable ends in a bit. But you'r right, that gable wall looks in great shape.

The only wall that was straight when we showed up was the front. The northwest corner had settled around 18" pulling the east wall over. East wall is your photo. When the house was jacked up, the front and east wall never moved. From there it was decided to leave the walls alone.

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  08:41:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruce, I sent you an email a few days ago about a different thread, did you get it?

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  08:54:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill, I did not. I'll send you a PM with my direct e-mail.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Trying to ID this kit Topic Next Topic: The Southside Hotel from Imagine That Laser Art  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000