Railroad Line Forums - Friday Morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 105 ]  [ Total: 109 ]  [ Newest Member: neiler ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Friday Morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Friday Topic Next Topic: THURSDAY MORNING LOUNGE  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2017 :  06:15:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, and lurkers, on a wet, bone chilling day in N.E. Indiana. Another early wake up with the WeatherAlarm radio going off. Quite a bit of nasty weather yesterday and overnight.

The coffee urn survived and it's 'READY' and loaded with Zephyr Special this AM. Cinnamon waffles, scrambled eggs, crisp bacon are the main fare. Of course fresh fruit and the juicebar are setup as well.

After the long drive home yesterday, I didn't get any MR time in, except for the side trip to the newly discovered train shop. I'll play with the trinkets I bought later this morning.

Have a Super day, and watch out for the storms heading eastbound. If it sounds like a freight train, it's probably worth ducking!

Jim

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2017 :  08:14:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and Crew. Glad your trip south and back went well. New train shop, always an interesting experience.

Weather is nice but driving down from Wisconsin was dicey. Drove through lots of rain and high winds. It"s 57 now and later should be a nice 87. The rains come back to Austin tomorrow for a couple days.

Today is house hunting as it has been decided the condo is too small for our visits and the son's part-time living here. The budget keeps changing so it's going to be one of those I like it and look out. I want move in ready and that is tough in the central Austin neighborhoods. I may lose that one as 3 of the houses we will look at today will need up-dating.

Enjoy the day
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/31/2017 :  08:24:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto to Jim on the weather, 32-33 and battle ship grey here in MI. Rain and lightning at times yesterday. Rain and clouds heavy enough to kick Directv off a minute or two here and there. We were out and about yesterday starting with the service trip to the Ford dealership. They found a couple of recalls and a leaking axle seal that they will fix Monday. Nice having the full term bumper to bumper service plan. The service fellow was quite accommodating to the Doll who is the 'official' owner of the vehicle. I just write the check each month.

Last evening I got the Loksound into the SW-1 and programmed and adjusted levels, today after I return from taking my mother to a doctors appointment I'll probably get at putting it all back together. I managed to get the decoder, speaker and a keep alive all into the tiny thing. It sounds quite nice.

Everyone have a good day.

BE SAFE!! (Keep Warm) and watch the weather, it looks unstable again in areas.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2017 :  08:31:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is 35 degrees and raining now in the Jersey Highlands. The rail will get heavier and stay all day and the temps will only reach the upper 30's.

Today I will write a few columns for the Division Newsletter and then spend some time working on the layout.

Have a great day!

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 03/31/2017 :  09:11:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got "Dueling Posts" this morning Jim. Anyway, Good morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Cold and damp here in Grand Rapids Michigan. Chris start having an allergic reaction to something this morning. Could be the pain killer drip they had stuck to him as he came off that last night. We'll have to see what the doctor says before we head out to Kalamazoo this afternoon. There we'll pick up lots and lots of baswood planks for RSSM's inventory. Plus a lot of sewing stuff Carl picked up at an auction for Mary.

Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the cold and damp train yard.

Walt

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2017 :  09:13:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. It sounds like we are all having bad weather. There are t-storms in the forecast in Tidewater Virginia. I have to pick up a small module depicting a car ferry scene this afternoon. Hope the rain lets up before I do that.

Have a good day.
George

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2017 :  09:36:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and crew! A wet morning indeed. We are supposed to get hammered with rain all day long. At least the temps are in the 50's and not the 30's. It would be a great day to stay inside and head downstairs, but unfortunately I have to head into the office today, and also out to the accountants to get my tax return, so I'll be out in this mess today. Then off to an op session tonight.

Try to stay dry! Have a great day!

Mark

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2017 :  10:18:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Carl is on the other side of the room must have fallen asleep waiting for someone to make the coffee and breakfast.

Thanks Jim.

Weather in South Jersey rainy/43.

Some things to do around the house then time at the bench.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 03/31/2017 :  12:32:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I figured Carl didn't like Jim's breakfast today.
Well the snowflakes actually were big raindrops here. Fine with me.
Maybe get a warm up soon.
Walt needs to get home and put those orders together. Hope Carl gets better soon.

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

Previous Topic: Friday Topic Next Topic: THURSDAY MORNING LOUNGE  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000