Railroad Line Forums - A Question about Bethgon Coal Porters
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 69 ]  [ Total: 71 ]  [ Newest Member: Deano ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Logging, Mining, & Narrow minded
 A Question about Bethgon Coal Porters
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Logging speeder? Topic Next Topic: Notes on Logging Railroad Diesels  

engineerkyle
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  10:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit engineerkyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Hi Guys,

You know those aluminum bodied hoppers? Might they ever carry crushed limestone, or an aggregate other than coal?

By the way, when I googled this question via voice recognition, I got a playlist that included;

Anything Goes
Begin the Beguine
Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye
I Get A Kick Out of You
I've Got You Under My Skin
It's De-Lovely
Let's Do It
Miss Otis Regrets
Night and Day
Don't Fence Me In

Kyle

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  11:12:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evidently, Kyle, Google has mixed up Frank Sinatra, with coal hoppers. BTW, FS had a huge O gauge layout and an actual caboose on his estate in California and would. have lunch in it with his friends'.. It had a full bar and was set up like a little restaurant'...

Ted in South Western, Connecticut

k9wrangler
Fireman

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  09:38:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not sure the aluminum bodied cars are used for limestone but one never knows what the RR might do to generate a $$ or two. Or as your play list concludes: Anything Goes or Let's Do It

David J Buchholz
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  10:07:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cole Porter had lots of good songs.

My favorite was his song about finger nail fungus infections.

I got you under my skin.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  10:44:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I see two points to keep in mind: First, your 'customer' needs an operational rotary car dumper. Second, filling them to the top with stone would make them crumple like a beer can. The load you've made looks a bit heavy to me, but the Internet will probably supply data about the density of various kinds of crushed stone.

Previous Topic: Logging speeder? Topic Next Topic: Notes on Logging Railroad Diesels  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000