Railroad Line Forums - Monday "happy spring" lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 52 ]  [ Total: 58 ]  [ Newest Member: hardcoalcase ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Monday "happy spring" lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Jordan Highway Miniatures closed,end of an era... Topic Next Topic: Thorn Creek & Western   aka David Hunts passing  

snarlman
Fireman

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  06:17:15 AM  Show Profile  Send snarlman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good Morning crew,
Come on in and have a cup of coffee.
It has finally arrived and with temperatures just reaching 50 today (or so the weather weenies say) it will start to feel like spring a little. At least the snow will melt here in central NJ.
Its giving me a better outlook to get busy with the many things to do, that I haven't had time for. Lately I have been working 10 hrs a day, and 2 of three Saturdays, in a new position I have taken, after 33 years in electronics and engineering.
Ah but better dsys are coming.
So tell me what you have bee working on!
~Jeff

tloc
Fireman

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  08:28:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning and Happy Spring to Jeff and inbound Crew. At least this day is not considered a Hallmark Holiday, how'd they miss that?

Weather in So. Wisconsin will be nice, it's 41f degrees now heading to 56. It's a partly sunny day, low winds and the birds they are a chirping right outside my office window.

No idea what the wife's plans are but after the fitness center, I'll hit the ATV to mark out the trails my wife wants added for the horse riding. Problem is what see wants crosses 2 springs and if this is the high water flow its fine, but we will not be bridge builders in 1:1. I am working on the abandoned quarry near my paper mill on the layout.

Tough game Karl.

CHANGE your furnace filters and batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.

Enjoy the day
TomO

Edited by - tloc on 03/20/2017 08:30:58 AM

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  08:35:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jeff, Tom and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Thunder Storms here at 39 degrees. Suppose to start warming and I guess this is the opening curtain.

Feeling a heck of a lot better on this medication. All the Bursitis pain is gone. Feels fantastic to not be in such heavy pain. Hope it last when I go off on Friday.

Not much else going on. Hope everyone else had a good weekend and have a Safe and Fun day in the wet Train Yard.

Walt

k9wrangler
Fireman

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  08:52:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
39 degrees with broken skies, wind W at 8mph. Forecast is for 50+, so maybe the warmup is back a little bit. Woke up this morning with some of Walt's missing aches. You're welcome to retrieve them when you are in Michigan the next time.

Yes Tom, that was a rough game, our boys finally hit a buzzsaw, congrats to Kansas. It looks like the other team from our state moved on a level. While the majority of their vocal fans will celebrate our loss with vociferous mirth and glee, those of us holding our heads high wish them a modicum of success as they move along. Our team has a solid core with a whole years more experience for next year. GO GREEN!!

I picked up a sheet of foam and some sharper cutting tools yesterday and have a layout project started. The Doll is off already with plans to be out much of the day. It looks like I'll have to scroll up a couple of posts for some breakfast this morning. Well, that just looks like coffee, which I don't do. Maybe a quick ride to McD is in the plan.

Everyone have a good day.

BE SAFE!!

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 03/20/2017 08:54:24 AM

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  08:54:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the breakfast Jeff and good morning everyone else stopping by later. No rain for now and going in the forty. Put a new turnout in yesterday so have to paint and make it like the rest and still cleaning for open house in May, I don't know why Lucy says we have to clean the whole house and get the yards ready.. time to get to work see you later. Tom

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  09:01:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jeff and crew. The sun's out in Tidewater Virginia and we're supposed to be in the upper 50's, so it feels like spring.

Good to hear the meds are working, Walt.

We have someone coming over to do some drywall and tile work in our bathroom and I have a cabinet to paint. With all my other chores, I won't get to my challenge project till tonight.

Have a good day.
George

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  09:42:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Crew, thanks for the coffee Jeff.

Same here temps to get into the 50's and sunny.

Not much modeling this week between treatments and doctor visits.

Oh well, have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  10:44:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew and thanks for opening Jeff! It's good to see you here this morning. Yup, spring is officially here. My favorite time of the year. As the the temps get warmer, I'll be suffering from a serious case of spring fever!

I have a busy day ahead of me. Meeting with clients and showing homes most of the day, but I should be home this evening with enough time to make it downstairs. It was a busy weekend leaving no time for modeling.

Have a great day!

Mark

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  11:38:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Puyallup, WA. This is our last day in the Pacific Northwest. We catch a late flight home tonight and will land at Newark tomorrow morning at 7:30 am.

We finished installing three new sinks in the bathrooms last evening. Today we will celebrate granddaughter No. 2's birthday.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  12:01:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like a nice day outside. Later today, a fellow NMRA member and I will be meeting at the 4H Club to assemble a structure we started last month. Should be fun!

Chuck

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  12:13:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck, I hope that you and Jim have a good time tonight. Remember to take some pictures.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Previous Topic: Jordan Highway Miniatures closed,end of an era... Topic Next Topic: Thorn Creek & Western   aka David Hunts passing  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000