Railroad Line Forums - Anyone built the Campbell's Dr. Office
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 73 ]  [ Total: 74 ]  [ Newest Member: Davidsamuels ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Anyone built the Campbell's Dr. Office
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Thorn Creek & Western   aka David Hunts passing Topic Next Topic: New Railroad Family  

jaynjay
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/19/2017 :  4:02:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit jaynjay's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am planning on a little scene on my layout and would like to include the Campbell's HO Doctor's Office; but it appears to me that it includes the plastic brick sheets to the ones found in the Campbell single stall engine house. Has anyone completed this kit?

Edited by - jaynjay on 03/19/2017 6:24:46 PM

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/19/2017 :  5:12:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't done this kit, but I did totally mess up the Campbell Engine House with that stone sheeting (40 years ago :-) ) If I were trying this today, I'd use transfer tape to apply the stone sheeting to the cardboard subwalls. And I'd prime the sheet first (spraypaint), before cutting it.

dave

desertdrover
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  10:26:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it does. Here is the isometric plans.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

dougcoffey1950
Fireman

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  10:44:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit dougcoffey1950's Homepage  Send dougcoffey1950 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't extend the stone wall over the porch. That would never be done in the real world. I used batten board above the porch.
Pic here.
http://www.dougcoffey.com/html/port_thunder_5.html

http://www.dougcoffey.com/html/model_railroad.html

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  10:48:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What Doug said! You could run a single course of the stone under the front of the building/porch as the foundation.

dave

jaynjay
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  10:58:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit jaynjay's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies, the kit intrigues me; but the plastic sheets might be a deal breaker

desertdrover
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  11:30:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jaynjay

Thanks for the replies, the kit intrigues me; but the plastic sheets might be a deal breaker

John maybe the cigar store would work for you. It is a similar style just not as tall.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

Previous Topic: Thorn Creek & Western   aka David Hunts passing Topic Next Topic: New Railroad Family  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000