Railroad Line Forums - Sunday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 82 ]  [ Total: 89 ]  [ Newest Member: harry callahan ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Sunday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 13th Australian Narrow Gauge Convention, 2017 Topic Next Topic: Saturday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/19/2017 :  09:45:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, and guests. "Brunch" at this time! There's a trough set out, with everything imaginable on either the hot line or the cold line. Plenty of coffee, hot chocolate, and tea.

It's 37.6 degrees and overcast (it's always overcast from October to May here). I spent most of yesterday running around between the hardware store and Menard's, Lowes, and Home Depot. Pretty much a wasted day!

Never got on the modeling bench, never got the camera out, I did watch the last 15 minutes of the Purdue/Iowa State BB game. Thus, keeping my lifelong accomplishment of never watching a complete (boring) game of basketball at any level.

I'm heading down to the cave, enjoy the brunch.

Have a Super day!

Jim

k9wrangler
Fireman

Posted - 03/19/2017 :  09:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool and grey today in Michigan, have to dig some french toast out of Jim's trough as well as the grapefruit I have here.

I'm going to work on the layout today for awhile and then may watch much of the SPARTANS game today, vs Kansas it should be good.

OPS at Grand Rapids went well yesterday. Not much else happened.

Everyone have a good day.

BE SAFE!!

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/19/2017 :  09:54:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Jim thanks for the coffee.

Weather wise partly sunny/37. But the wind is back with us making it feel like 30...

A couple of things to do for the little lady then some time at the bench.

I've finished the shed for the tipple so now I have to cut some foam to mount the three all together. to finish the roof.

Everyone have a great day!!

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/19/2017 :  09:57:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. We're in the 30's in Tidewater Virginia. It's raining, but we had about 15 minutes of large snow flakes - Mother Nature's way of entertaining us.

I have some 1:1 bathroom vanity painting to do, but I plan to spend some time at my workbench too.

Have a good day.
George

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/19/2017 :  10:10:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew and thanks for opening and the large spread this morning Jim! Looks good!

So for the last day of winter, it looks rather mild compared to the past week with temps into the mid-40's and sunny. I'll take it! I'll be out with clients this afternoon, then home tonight. I plan to head down to the railroad room and begin re-assembling the round house area. Time to get things ready for the next op session that's coming up in a few weeks.

Have a great day everyone!

Mark

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/19/2017 :  12:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, all. The NH seacoast is overcast and just above freezing; the pre-dawn dusting of snow has melted off my driveway. I've been researching bridge deck construction in my photos and otherwise working on the computer this morning. This afternoon is model RR time, this evening is an NER BoD tele-meeting.

tloc
Fireman

Posted - 03/19/2017 :  12:11:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning (CST) Jim and Crew. Breakfast sounds good but when we were at the local HY-Vee Grocery store we tried the eating place there. Same big trough there as in the lounge, but decided I was not that famished. Had a pretty good cheap omelett.

I promised again to ride today but either before the 2pm NCAA Women's Hockey Championship or after. We don't have to stream it today as it is on the Big Ten network.

I am working on the quarry near the paper mill and decided to model it as abandoned. Its a hurry up and wait project. If you have not noticed I jump from project to project.

Have a great day
TomO

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/19/2017 :  1:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon. Well my basketball bracket is broken! Some great teams!

Philip

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/19/2017 :  1:48:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tloc

If you have not noticed I jump from project to project.

Have a great day
TomO

It's the story of my life!

Jim

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/19/2017 :  2:25:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon from Washington State. We are heading back to Puyallup from Vancouver. The girls did well at the gymnastics meet yesterday.

We've had great views of Mt. hood, Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Rainer - all snow covered. Thank goodness for a clear day for our drive.

This afternoon we return to plumbing work.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Previous Topic: 13th Australian Narrow Gauge Convention, 2017 Topic Next Topic: Saturday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000