Railroad Line Forums - Saturday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 57 ]  [ Total: 62 ]  [ Newest Member: hardcoalcase ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Saturday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Sunday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Friday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  08:03:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, and viewers. It's 35 and overcast in N.E. Indiana with minimal snow left on the ground. Breakfast is ready, Waffles with maple syrup or the unleaded for those who are watching sugar intake. Eggs however you want them, Bacon strips and corned beef hash. Fresh fruit and the juicebar. The coffee urn is 'READY' with Railbender Blend. Yuppie cups for the K-machine.

Whew, that's a huge breakfast! Better get moving this morning to burn off those calories.

I made some modifications to the signal bridge design last yesterday afternoon and put one together last night. I'll have to take a shot of it later. Still working on the freshly repainted Pacific.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Roostr
New Hire

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  08:12:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Jim, breakfast sounds good, going to finish my coffe and then head out to the Suncoast centre for their open house.

k9wrangler
Fireman

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  08:17:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm up in the haze getting ready to head out the door and go to an ops session in Grand Rapids today.

I stayed up a bit late watching the first round of my SPARTANS NCAA run. Their game against Miami of FL didn't start until 9:30 and was almost turned off early to go to bed as they were down 10-12 points for much of the first 10 minutes and then came back to tie before half time and by the end of the game had won by 20 points quite a feat for a team that starts 4 freshmen. They play again Sunday afternoon.

I worked on the layout yesterday doing some 'terraforming' with extruded foam sheets making what will be a section of a river so I have to build a bridge over it.

Well, time to roll, everyone have a good day.

BE SAFE!!

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 03/18/2017 08:18:51 AM

tloc
Fireman

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  08:29:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, thanks Jim for breakfast and opening the doors. The snow is just about gone from So. Wisconsin, at least my part, and as it's 35 now, so I'm sure the melt will continue.

My LP again did not want to continue road building yesterday as they continue to watch the NCAA Basketball. I joined them last night and Karl, congrats to your Spartans. Izzo is definitely a top 5 coach.

The electricians will be here this morning to re-set 2 of the wind generators that got messed up by the straight line wind damage we had last week. Of the 4 we have 3 were damaged. We have 1 that has 100% damage and that will take a few weeks for replacement. I walk through the barns now and just feel the power company making money because we are not generating our own electricity.

I promised Terry I would go riding with her today. Part of the reason is she wants to add some trails and I'm not sure exactly where she is talking about. So instead of the fitness center I'll ride a horse which in my mind maybe a tougher workout.

We watched the streaming NCAA tournament feed of the UW Woman's Hockey team in their final 4 game from St. Charles, Mo. We are thinking maybe to drive the 5.5 hours to see the Championship game on Sunday. She mentioned it, not me but I'd be up for it.

Enjoy your day
TomO

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  08:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. There's rain in the forecast in Tidewater Virginia, so I'm, doing indoor stuff. I have to glue some shelf brackets in a bathroom vanity then I'm going to the club. We have some track that needs painted and I guess I'm the one to do it.

Have a good day.
George

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  08:41:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Jim thanks for the coffee & breakfast.

Looks like Bruce is going to spend the winter on the "Left Coast"!!

Weather in South Jersey rainy/34. Not a nice weekend coming up.

Some time at the modeling bench later today.

Everyone have a great day!!

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  08:53:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone coffee for now, had a great time at the Narrow Gauge show yesterday in Greenford Ohio. Got some good deals and meet up with Sam Swanson and his wife Nancy and Lucy got a lot of painting little people from Pete. Lots of good people all around. Time to put all my goodies away and get going on the trains. See you later. Tom

potsy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  09:50:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim thanks for breakfast hello to all other crew members this morning is 30 and foggy in SE Ohio Have Dinner to go to tonite for organ donation dance auction and all.

Have a great day Mark

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  10:57:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew and thanks for opening this morning Jim! That is a big spread. Thanks. Its slowly warming up in southern NJ with temps over the freezing mark and making their way into the low 40's today. I'll take it!

Enjoyed another fun night out with the Friday night gang at an up session last night. Today, I'll be out with clients today, then over to visit with my grandchildren tonight for a 'play date'. I might be home early enough to get downstairs and get a couple of things accomplished.

Have a great day!

Mark

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  11:16:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. We are in Vancouver WASHINGTON today. The older two granddaughters are competing in the State Gymnastics Competition today - one in the morning and one in the evening, so it will be a long day.

Tomorrow we will re-install the last of the sinks in the new granite counters. We will fly home late Monday night.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  2:01:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I got my truck back from the dealer, after the damage from mice chewing on wires was repaired. New wiring harness and new heater blower motor, and a whole bunch of labor. Total bill was $3700! And then I had to go shovel its parking space, from the 8" of packed snow we still have from Tuesday's storm.

On the bright side, the truck is cleaner than any time after I bought it.

I'm 61 today, that's a strange age. It's definitely 'old', but not old enough to get any (government) benefits.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  2:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday Dave'...Don't worry', it's later than you think' and you'll be eligible before you know it'...Trust me on that note'..Have a great day!

Ted

tloc
Fireman

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  3:07:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday Dave. I presume you've talked to your insurance person regarding the wiring harness. That happened to my son a few years ago in Austin. He came out of a gig into the alley where the truck was parked. Wouldn't start, when they lifted the hood they couldn't believe RATS were eating the wiring. His insurance covered it.

Last week he received a class action thing from a group of Toyota truck owners. It seems Toyota is using soy based product for the wiring insulation and rodents love that stuff. He has a newer truck but still has a copy of the bill for proof.

You can always take early social security at 62, but don't fret the age thing. It will be there when your ready.

TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  5:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday Dave!!

Just think of how many years you have to work on the house. Modeling can't be far behind!!

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  6:22:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Truck is covered under my policy's "comprehensive" coverage, less deductible of course. I heard about the Toyota lawsuit, dealer claims Nissan uses something different, and insurance adjustor says no pattern of problems with Nissan.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Previous Topic: Sunday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Friday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000