Railroad Line Forums - Thursday
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 107 ]  [ Total: 114 ]  [ Newest Member: bogeycat99 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Thursday
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Where is everyone Topic Next Topic: Wednesday 3.15.15 later lounge  

C Laskey
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  06:29:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snow up to the wazoooooo !!!!! 30 in anybody need any.
Carl

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  07:22:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No snow in Tidewater Virginia, but cold. Good morning, Carl and crew. There's a full RR-Line Keurig selection on the counter, eggs anyway you want them and wheat toast.

I have an eye appointment and what I do after that depends on how the dilation goes.

Have a good day.
George

tloc
Fireman

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  08:15:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for opening Carl, George thanks for the breakfast. Carl, I think you may keep your snow, some of us have more then we need, I think the others don't want it! Thanks for the offer though.

So. Wisconsin saw some of its snow cover melt yesterday even though the temperatures never got above 30f degrees. That sun was bright and shiny. Today the high should be 40 and that will decrease the snow cover some more, right now its 14.

Our trip to the Chicago suburbs is off, my sister came back from Hawaii last week with a cold and it has just kept getting worst. So, other than some train room activities I've no idea what is planned.

Enjoy the day
TomO

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  08:37:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone on this brite sunny Thursday with little snow it sure looks good.going to the narrow gauge show Friday early as we are puppy sitting for my son he will be out and about. Have to order a couple turnouts from Jamestown trains. Have a good day see you later. Tom

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  08:59:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Carl and the rest of the RR-L Crew. 19f outside right now.

Not too much on today's to-do slate. Have a DR appointment this afternoon to see what can be done about the Bursitis in all four major joints. Oh it's so much fun.

Got to get my oatmeal and tea then pack more orders. Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the Train Yard

Walt

k9wrangler
Fireman

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  09:23:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
13 degrees and calm with clear sunny sky. Forecast to get to 40. Feel like Spring if the wind stays down. It's been windy and penetrating with the cold lately.

Time to head over to the kitchen and rustle up some grub.

BE SAFE!!

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  09:34:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all! Carl, that's a wazoo full of snow to be sure. George, thanks for making breakfast and putting on the coffee. I worked late last night on a software problem and also tweaked my weather station. So here is the weather here at the shop... http://icmgt.com/weather.html.

I ended up stripping that PFM Pacific last night. I will not use Model Master Acrylic paint again. I dug up some old Scalecoat I and I'll reshoot the engine later, and use Pan Pastels to weather it a little. A little making of signal bridges continued as well. I'm feeling like one of Santa'a elves on December 23rd.

Have a Super day! Ho Ho ho!

Jim

Edited by - BurleyJim on 03/16/2017 09:41:48 AM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  11:14:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Carl and the rest of the crew. Hey, the sun actually shines in Puyallup!

We watched our grandson's last basketball game last night. They beat a higher ranked team and thus finished the season in third place out of the 9 teams in the league. Not bad for a spunky group of sixth graders who are height challenged.

We disconnected 4 of my son's sinks last night and the granite counter guys will be here soon.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  11:19:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings from S. W. CT Carl & Crew'. Crystal clear skies, full sun, 20 MPH gusts, and 20F
with 20 inches of solid ice covered snow on the ground. Just 10" short of you Carl'..3 inches on the way for Saturday'..so they say'..

Taxes are finished and at IRS via electronic transmission'. The State gets mailed' Broke even at both fronts'.. Not sure what's on the agenda for today'...

Jim, that is a very cool weather station'..I would love one'...

Ted

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  12:00:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've been shopping for granite and visited the big slab warehouse (Haverhill MA). The frustrating thing is they have these color codes on the slab, but there's no qualitative, let alone quantitative, information about how much more a 'Silver' grade stone is over a 'Red' or "Blue' stone. We knew 'Gold' was too expensive. We ended up tagging the 'Silver' stone, and then had to wait a couple of days for the granite fabricator to talk to the warehouse, and then to our kitchen designer. The answer was "a lot more than you budgeted", but since we're getting a big tax refund this year, we decided to go for it. (At least I'll be able to look at that stone and know where the money went.) Photographing granite slabs is a great use for cellphone panorama mode!

And I got a little bit of modeling in last night.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/16/2017 :  2:22:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave,

You can use the old kitchen counter for your modeling bench, as a reminder to where your money went. Caboose is looking good.

Jim

Previous Topic: Where is everyone Topic Next Topic: Wednesday 3.15.15 later lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000