Railroad Line Forums - Wednesday 3.15.15 later lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 112 ]  [ Total: 114 ]  [ Newest Member: Deano ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Wednesday 3.15.15 later lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Thursday Topic Next Topic: Has anyone added a cliff to a table-top layout?  

tloc
Fireman

Posted - 03/15/2017 :  11:35:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, the lounge doors were welded shut this morning and I tried 3 times before heading off to the fitness center.

Lite mid/late morning snack. Coffee is hot, Thermite Blend, the k-cups are all stacked in a row. Bread is sourdough with oatmeal, crisp bacon, some cheeses and fruit.

Hope all got passes the snow events of yesterday safely. They should ban all weather forecasters as they have become alarmists.

Sill working on roads around the papermill and into the gravel pit. Saw the movie The Schack yesterday. very good and thought provoking.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2017 :  11:51:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' Tom!

Apparently that was you whanging and banging on the doors-- they were frozen shut, not welded. I managed to almost get one open, but life intervened, and here we are. It's 26 in the northern mitten, feels like 15, and the sun <gasp> is shining brightly.

I need to get the car loaded up for the Midwest Narrow Gauge Show, so hot coffee sounds good right now, as does anything warm. Thanks!

Make it a great day, and stay warm!

Pete
in Michigan

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 03/15/2017 :  11:59:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup, frozen!
We got about 5 inches of snow and then it turned to rain and froze up tight overnight.
No snowblowing this stuff now. Sun will have to take care of it.

More work today on the Tweetsie drawings.

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 03/15/2017 :  12:08:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Tom thanks for opening and I hope the snow starts to melt as it was really comming down where we are all going for the same show Pete but train buffs will always get though. CAN't WAIT, i needgoodies. Going down in a bit had a good day yesterday. Time to read what's going on see you later. Tom

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2017 :  12:11:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Puyallup, WA where the sun apparently never shines. I walked 3 of the grandkids to the bus stop in the rain - again.

Our neighbor reports that we got 14" of snow yesterday.

This evening we will watch our grandson's last basketball game. Then I will help our son disconnect three sinks in preparation for the installation of granite counters tomorrow.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 03/15/2017 :  12:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, everyone. I spent part of the morning clearing off the nice icy deposit the township left at the end of my double wide driveway, last night. We got about 11-12 inches and the last of the stuff was freezing rain, making for a nice mess. I also helped one of the neighbors chop through their deposit. Needless to say, I think I can skip going to the gym.

I also spent some time working on my small structure, yesterday. And, I hope to continue working on it, later. In the meantime, i think I will see what I missed the last couple days on the forum.

Chuck

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2017 :  12:51:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon everyone

Well in South Jersey we have sun but plenty of wind to go with it. 28 right now but the real feel as they say is 15!!

An errand or two this afternoon hen some time at the bench later in the day.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2017 :  1:55:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We got about 12-14" of snow yesterday:

Last night I did a little bit of work on a caboose, but the dumb clear styrene 'glazing' came loose from the cupola wall. So I reglued it and will try again today to finish that model.

dave

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2017 :  3:57:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We ended up with about an inch, who woulda thunk that? Heck, this may be the garden spot of the U.S.

Thanks for prying that door open Tom, Karl will be here with the forensic kit, watch it! He'll doing anything for breakfast or a snack.

I'm out in the shop, and getting irritated with 'Model Master Acrylic' paint. God, I miss Floquil. Maybe with some EPA relaxation we'll get some decent paint back on the market.

Other than field stripping the airbrush about 3 times today, not much happening here. I guess working on the signal bridges I making is something for 'show and tell' but my camera is back in the house, so it's 'tell only' .

Have a Super day!

Jim

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2017 :  4:38:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim,

I'd say something about going to get the camera since you're in the "garden spot of the U.S.," but with the temps below freezing and the wind chill in the teens here in da great white frozen nort,' dere, eh, any comments about a "pleasant stroll in the fresh country air" are not on my agenda right now.

Hot tea, OTOH, has merit, and so I shall head in that general direction....

Stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

k9wrangler
Fireman

Posted - 03/15/2017 :  6:03:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and 14 at first peak this am, i guess it took some sun to melt the frozen doors. I had to leave for the day but hid a little NSA/CIA approved camera and have the whole entry recorded. The whole thing will be mindlessly exaggerated and misinterpreted on one of the panic mongering alphabet networks after they mysteriously find a copy with degraded resolution and poor lighting in their gender neutral corespondant's mailbox. They'll have a field day trying to find out why there are footprints in only one direction to the door. Rumors of evil drones will also color the coverage.

I'm headed home from my weekly visit to Mom. I have Arby's i picked up for dinner.

Everyone have a great day.

BE SAFE!!

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2017 :  8:51:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Evening, all. The NH seacoast was above freezing most of the day, a good thing as most of the local roads were at least partly corrugated ice at dawn. I spent most of the morning moving snow I hadn't gotten to last night; the rain at the tail end of the storm soaked my pants and gloves so I parked the tractor and came indoors about 8 PM. A little work on structures this afternoon, now that I've finished dinner I'll go back to NBWs and fitting windows to openings.

Previous Topic: Thursday Topic Next Topic: Has anyone added a cliff to a table-top layout?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000