Railroad Line Forums - Sunday
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 82 ]  [ Total: 83 ]  [ Newest Member: PMStrains ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Sunday
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Tour of Buffalos  New Central  station video Topic Next Topic: Do It Yourself Saturday Morning Lounge  

C Laskey
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  07:38:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning and get out of bed.
Carl

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  08:03:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning Carl and the rest of the RR-L Crew this fine COLD early Sunday morning.

Carl didn't make any breakfast and neither will I as Mary and I are off to Church and our bagel and donut plus coffee plus some fellowship.
Had a fun day yesterday. Got asked to do the photography at the dinner so I was all over the place between taking bites of my dinner. Great group and we had a lot of fun. Got to meet some old friends from all over Indiana, Kentucky and West Virginia. Yes, our K of C District spans that far.

Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the Chilly "Spring ahead" Sunday Train Yard.

Walt

Edited by - Rusty Stumps on 03/12/2017 08:05:06 AM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  08:28:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, crew. Since I opened but didn't make breakfast yesterday, I fixed up some SOS with freshly baked biscuits, eggs any way you want them and a pot of “Old Ballast” coffee.

We had a very successful open house yesterday. The stars were all in alignment. Last weekend we had a Greenberg show in the area and the club had a table with videos of the layout and fliers for the open house. Friday our local paper did a big article on the club http://www.dailypress.com/news/york-county/dp-nws-ypq-chesapeake-bay-model-railroad-clubhouse-20170223-story.html . That publicity combined with a social media blitz resulted in a record turnout. I'm heading back to the club later this morning for, what I hope will be another successful day.

Have a good day.
George

k9wrangler
Fireman

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  09:45:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
C C C COLD here this morning, 13 degrees when I first looked. It's Spring Ahead time, I wonder how many forgot or had their time pieces fail to change. That happened here, the Doll's brand new iPhone7 was set to GMT+5, not Eastern US time zone and didn't change. I just noticed about quarter past 7, errr...8, that the alarm wasn't going. I had sprung ahead with my wrist watch before we went to bed. As soon as the lag goes out this is one of my favorite times, the 'extra' time in the evening is so nice.

I spent time cleaning in my work room yesterday and didn't get at the layout. You'd never know I spent 3-4 hours at straightening out the room, it's still a mess.

My grandson has a birthday party today around 2, i'll go for a bit.

Everyone have a good day.

BE SAFE!!

BE SAFE!!
Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  09:52:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Sunday morning crew! It looks to be another very cold day here in southern NJ with temps hovering in the low 30's, but wind chills into the teens! Of course our big news is the upcoming storm. From the looks of things, Tuesday will be a stay at home, hunker down and work on the railroad day!

As for today, I'll be out today with clients, then home tonight. I hope to make it downstairs at some point this evening.

Have a great day!

Mark

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  12:17:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone or afternoon
A cold morning in South Jersey sunny/22.
Looks like snow depending on which "Weather Weenie" your listening to.

Right now we could get 3 to 6" or 6 to 12"!!
Your guess does not count.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  12:43:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, all. The sun has warmed the NH seacoast up quite a bit from 5F at dawn, but it's still below freezing. Not as windy as yesterday, though. I didn't hurry to get up as I'd gotten back from the Hub BoD meeting about midnight.

I find I apparently posted my 5,000th last week, from a start a little more than 10 years ago. All my model railroading today has been at the computer. I should change that this afternoon, as my Tichy NBWs arrived.

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  1:43:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great article George! Super looking layout!

Philip

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  2:42:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I actually got a little bit of modeling in last night, a 'debugging build' of a forthcoming Marsh Creek HOn30 caboose. I'm doing a test build and drafting the assembly instructions.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  3:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Late arrival...Good looking piece on your club George. Our deal with the 'kids' yesterday turned more into parents saying, "I didn't know there were model railroaders around". About par for the course.

We were going to make a Baltimore trip tomorrow, but the weather forecast says "stay off the roads". So we'll postpone that one.

Feels like a nap coming on.

Have a Super rest of the day!

Jim

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  4:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon from the great northwest. We were out early and back to the Puyallup Indian Reservation for day 2 of our grandson's basketball tournament. Overall, their team came in second place which seemed right to me. Our team did well against the first place team, ending that game losing 49 to 40.

Time to crash for a little while.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Previous Topic: Tour of Buffalos  New Central  station video Topic Next Topic: Do It Yourself Saturday Morning Lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000