Railroad Line Forums - TICK-TOCK!!!!
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 68 ]  [ Total: 75 ]  [ Newest Member: tillerman1 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 TICK-TOCK!!!!
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Monday Lounge 3.13.17 Topic Next Topic: Tour of Buffalos  New Central  station video  

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/11/2017 :  7:27:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know your all brilliant guys but lets not forget to set our clocks ahead!!

In other words Spring ahead!!
Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/11/2017 :  7:28:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here in France, it will happen in a fortnight.
Happy new Spring, my friends.

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/11/2017 :  7:43:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was living in the Golan Heights and working in Damascus it got very confusing because the Israelis set their clocks back (or forward) a week apart from the Syrians. All of a sudden you would realize that the border was closing an hour early! It happened a few times where someone got caught out and didn't make it to one side before closing only to try to go back and find that point had closed an hour earlier..
Cheers,
Dave

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 03/11/2017 :  8:13:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
try crossing the equator and international date line at the same time. that'll twist you around a little bit.....
we had two tuesdays that week.

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/11/2017 :  10:48:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had to remind all my friends about losing an hour tonight. I wonder how many people will forget! So, if I have this right, at 2:00am, it will really be 3:00am, and there won't be a 2:01am this morning, right? UGH!

Mark

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  11:24:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Mark, but you'll have two next october.

Edited by - Frederic Testard on 03/12/2017 11:24:51 AM

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  12:03:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I set my bedside clock ahead last night, it was 8pm then (set to 9pm), I slept till 7 am, and to be honest, that was the longest I have ever slept...ever!. But I did get up at 3 am yesterday and worked a 10 hour day, and a 12 hour workday the previous, doing a 64 hour week, so that might have something to do with it.

My boss asked if the clocks in England were set forward and backwards, and I couldn't remember, but I said no, they don't (and she said they don't in Germany either). But we did agree on one thing, that it seems to be an out-of-date practice that doesn't make sense to do anymore.

Thought for Today: “Snowflakes are one of nature’s most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together” ~ Vista M. Kelly

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  12:43:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nelson458

Thought for Today: “Snowflakes are one of nature’s most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together” ~ Vista M. Kelly

OMG that's a completely horrible thought considering what we call today's "snowflakes". It's bad enough having to deal with them on a one-off basis.

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 03/12/2017 12:44:46 PM

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  1:37:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Palmer

quote:
Originally posted by Nelson458

OMG that's a completely horrible thought considering what we call today's "snowflakes". It's bad enough having to deal with them on a one-off basis.

I take it you mean Alt-Right and Nazi Sympathizers? Or people who are against the abolition of slavery? The ARYANS have attempted to hijack this term to use against progressives and those opposing Fascism. Interesting.

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

k9wrangler
Fireman

Posted - 03/13/2017 :  12:14:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Time for a padlock before a contrarian posts.

Previous Topic: Monday Lounge 3.13.17 Topic Next Topic: Tour of Buffalos  New Central  station video  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000