Railroad Line Forums - Help! Question on Double Reversing Triangle
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 121 ]  [ Total: 121 ]  [ Newest Member: csrr70 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Help! Question on Double Reversing Triangle
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Wednesday/Thursday Midrats Topic Next Topic: Wednesday morning lounge  

Naseer Ahmed
New Hire

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  5:22:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hallo all

As the newest member i feel honored to be part of this forum. This is the first time i am taking to the forum to ask for help and i am thrilled to post my first post.

I am modeling in HO with Atlas Nickel Silver code 83 tracks with most of their snap switches, Wyes, cross tracks etc.

I am using Digitrax Evolution and intend to use most of Digitrax products as i get going.

I recently ripped off all my layout and re did the layout with two lines basically ovals with snap switches to cross over between them. The inner line is elevated at the center to allow the outer line to cross over. My layout is 20'x54". I also added a couple of circle lines on the outer line to complete the layout forming a 8 within the oval. However the circle lines are made possible by two opposing wyes and there is a polarity issue that i foresee with two reversing triangles. I have an AR1 that Digitrax sells for taking care of auto reversing, but i am afraid if one is enough or i need two.

In the previous layout that i had, i could not make the AR1 to work and i had one auto reversing section then. But with two and both close to each other, i am not sure how to do it.

I intend to use a 4 pole barrier terminal to wire the AR1 to the reversing section. I planned to double gap the two spurs from each triangle much like this https://www.thespruce.com/building-wye-for-model-railroad-2382597

I am unable to uploaded my layout picture in which i have highlighted the potential issues. Would one of you please let me know if this will work.

would someone also let me know how to send the file/attachment.
Naseer
Naseer

Edited by - Naseer Ahmed on 03/14/2017 3:32:07 PM

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  7:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum. You need to size your pictures correctly first of all. Then you need to upload them. If you select the insert picture button on the window for submitting your response it will need to have the code trimmed a bit so that you get an actual picture and not just a link. It is well laid out in the New Arrival Forum here http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15110 and here http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5383
Cheers,
Dave

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  8:34:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Naseer. Posting pictures here is not easy and is a function of the program used for the forum. Don't get discouraged. Here's a list of discussions on how to post pictures: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27749

George

Naseer Ahmed
New Hire

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  1:40:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you George, Dave and Quarter Gauger 48 for your help..

Here i am attempting to post the layout picture..

Naseer

Edited by - Naseer Ahmed on 03/14/2017 3:48:17 PM

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  2:44:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Naseer', congratulations....you are on your way'...Good job'..

Ted

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  3:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you climbed over the picture hurdle, Naseer.

George

Naseer Ahmed
New Hire

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  5:25:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you! It was more challenging than embarking on the Model railroad itself. but once I "broke the ice", I am on my way... I hope the picture is clear..

The Black line is almost hidden by the yellow and blue lines overlaid. but you can see the box in the center where the issue is..

Naseer

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/08/2017 :  3:45:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings from Australia Naseer and welcome to Railroad Line Forum. You will find all members of the Forum to be very friendly and keen to help fellow railroad modellers.
Even though I am on the other side of the world (down-under) I have found everyone to be very encouraging. I model in O Scale On30 to be exact so mostly post in the "On30 Line" section.

Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2017 :  5:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Naseer, Just a suggestion, I think you may want to add the word 'question' to your heading, Many members will respond with expert answers to your question once they realize you are asking for assistance.

Ted

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2017 :  11:19:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Email sent

Ted

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2017 :  8:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Naseer. As I read your track plan, I see only one reversing section, between the two wyes (triangles in the UK). I haven't used AR-1s myself, but I believe the single reversing section can be handled by your single AR-1.

Naseer Ahmed
New Hire

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  3:17:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks James!

There are actually two as the train from Yellow can go to Blue and train from blue can come over to yellow. But like you said, i am going to try with one AR1 only after connecting it to a 4 pole barrier terminal.. The Digitrax support guys also recommends only one as having two would confuse each other.

Appreciate your reply. Hope i get to this part asap.

regards

Naseer

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/21/2017 :  5:14:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
IMO it is clearer to think of it as one reversing section with four entrances instead of two. Two entrance-exit pairs don't reverse the train. The other two do reverse the train. Provided the track between the four gaps you show is all wired to the AR-1, it should perform normally.

Naseer Ahmed
New Hire

Posted - 03/23/2017 :  10:14:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks again! I am going to try and get it done just like you said.

Naseer

Previous Topic: Wednesday/Thursday Midrats Topic Next Topic: Wednesday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000