Railroad Line Forums - Thorn Creek & Western aka David Hunts passing
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 80 ]  [ Total: 84 ]  [ Newest Member: Deano ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Thorn Creek & Western aka David Hunts passing
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Monday happy spring lounge Topic Next Topic: Anyone built the Campbells Dr. Office
Page: of 2

snarlman
Fireman

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  1:19:30 PM  Show Profile  Send snarlman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I regret to inform you of the passing of a good friend of mine and other RRL members, Dave Hunt.
Dave Passed Sunday morning at about 430am.
He was an artist (oils and charcoals) a graphic artist and drew for Marvel, Disney, and others. He was a member of this forum and a fine modeler.
The service will be private and a memorial service will be held in a few weeks.
As I find out more I will post.

God speed Dave.

Jeff
~Jeff

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  1:39:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow. Sorry to hear this, Jeff. I wondered about him since I have not seen him post anything for a long time. And, I knew he was sick. I'll be thinking of him.

Chuck

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  3:33:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jeff,

I went back and looked at my favorite project of Dave's. SInce he hasn't posted in a couple years, I thought it would be good to bring up this memory of Dave.

As you and I know, Dave was great at starting things, but had a hard time getting a project over the finish line. He easily got distracted by other projects or would analyze his next steps on a project for ages...both are traits each of us are probably guilty of. But, boy, he did fantastic work when he did move on a project. This is a project where he was super detailing a Bachmann 4-4-0 with your help.
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26105

Chuck

Edited by - wvrr on 03/06/2017 4:43:49 PM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  4:44:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sorry to hear that, Jeff. I well remember when the three of us explored the Boonton, NJ area.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  4:48:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shane, he never got to finish the beautiful detailing job on that loco'..

Ted in South Western, Connecticut

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  4:53:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys, I am sorry for your loss. Very sad.

Philip

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  4:53:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a photo of Dave. We were at the World Greatest Hobby Show back in 2004.

From left to right it is me, Chuck, Rick, and Dave Hunt.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  4:54:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One more memory, and this is a sad one for me. Maybe 15 years ago, or more, I bought a City Classics structure for him to build for me. This past October, I received an excited email from him saying he finished it. I was on vacation, at the time. But, I told him we could maybe meet at an RPM meet I was going to or make other arrangements to meet. I never heard back from him and I had completely forgotten about it. I wish we did connect one last time.

Chuck

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  5:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sad to hear this, I really enjoyed his posts!

dave

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  8:38:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's sad news. We form friendships here with folks we never see in person. Dave will be missed.

George

snarlman
Fireman

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  06:19:21 AM  Show Profile  Send snarlman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Chuck,
Dave had the city classics pretty much completely done and wanted just a few more details around the stairs, you know Dave. I lent a small hand with the LED lighting inside and the goose neck lamps outside on the billboards. Its really nice inside too. We were considering a road trip to meet up, but at the time I was having an issue of my own.

~Jeff

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  09:47:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about this, best wishes to his family.

Mike

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  10:29:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is sad news. I do recall I had the occasion to meet Dave some time ago, but I don't recall the event. My sympathies to his friends and family.

Mark

desertdrover
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  10:36:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear about this Jeff. Dave is without a doubt another fine modeler and great member lost. My thoughts, prayers and sympathy go out to his family & friends.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  7:00:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just found Dave's obituary in one of the local newspapers, on-line. I thought some forum members would like to learn more about Dave. He had a variety of talents and interests.

http://obits.nj.com/obituaries/starledger/obituary.aspx?n=david-hunt&pid=184465090&fhid=27097

Chuck

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/18/2017 :  11:12:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George D

That's sad news. We form friendships here with folks we never see in person. Dave will be missed.

George

I second what George said. I'm a little late in posting here, but I went through some of Dave's older posts tonight, and I do remember him. I will miss his posts too. My prayers for his family and friends.
Rich

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Monday happy spring lounge Topic Next Topic: Anyone built the Campbells Dr. Office  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.95 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000