Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 11 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 119 ]  [ Total: 130 ]  [ Newest Member: csrr70 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: East coast narrow gauge
Page: of 39

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/22/2017 :  4:36:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Busy Busy place..I'll have some left over eggs!

Sounds like everyone is game fully employed doing "stuff".

Carry on!

Philip

BTW it is so warm here unbelievable weather.

Edited by - Philip on 02/22/2017 4:36:55 PM

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/23/2017 :  3:34:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone - I keep forgetting the time difference so when its breakfast time here it is day or evening yesterday over there. While an all-day breakfast is good occasionally it is not good for the waist line every day. So while I have just brewed some coffee and have hot water available for you tea drinkers I have also opened a bottle of red Cabernet Sauvignon from the Margaret River District in Western Australia.
David I hope the doctor's report for your wife yesterday was good news and that he could further alleviate her pain and set her on the road to recovery.
I have to continue sorting through the hundred or so (big) cartons of books tomorrow afternoon (Saturday) but should be back in the T-Shed on Sunday to do some more work on the layout.
Some worrying news from one of the young fellows living next door last night when he came over to let us know they had challenged a couple of intruders peering in the windows of their rental using a torch. Now I am worried about our house as it is empty during the day. Until recently my wife worked afternoon/evening shift so she would just have left for work just before I would get home. Now her shift has changed and she is on day work so there is no one home during the day.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 02/23/2017 :  4:29:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Crew, i'll have a glass of wine with you Thanks David.

David, you mite look into an alarm system.

Dave, I hope the wife's doctor visit went well.

Everyone have a good day.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/23/2017 :  7:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone, I could use a good drink about now but perhaps I'll wait until I get home.
David, I have seen ads for these motion-activated video cameras that connect to your phone. You can also get pretty affordable video surveillance systems.
Steph's Dr visit only resulted in more scariness - could be some neurological disorder (Trigeminal Neuralgia), possibly treated with meds or maybe surgery - battery of tests ordered, so we'll see. Thanks for the kind thoughts.
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 02/24/2017 :  07:48:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, coffee machine is ready and eggs, ham, gravey, home fries and biscuts in the warmer.

Everyone have a great weekend.

It's54f here on Friday last day of treatment this week

Mark

W,L,&E

Edited by - BBLmber on 02/24/2017 07:50:45 AM

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/24/2017 :  10:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the chow Mark!

Cleaning shop today. What a wreck!

Philip

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/24/2017 :  1:13:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark,
Thanks for eats. Good for you on getting a respite from treatments. Snowing in half the city here and sunning in the other half...weird! Good luck, Philip!
Cheers,
Dave

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 02/24/2017 :  9:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's Friday night in Avon CT at our daughter's house. We have been on grandparent duty since Tuesday night helping with 3 year old and 5 year old getting them to and from school while our son in law is at a 3 week air line new pilot transition training in Minnesota . We should be done around March 11 and head back to the beach.

We were supposed to come up last Sunday but our 10 year old Golden had to have a bone biopsy on Monday -- looking at bone cancer. Had to put our other Golden down last spring so not looking forward to this diagnosis.

Good part is the weather has been great -- 70* temps have melted almost all of the snow from last week. We will take the kids to a local farm tomorrow for an outing and demo of maple syrup making.

I finished up a bottle red and found a half bottle of white to take the edge off.

Good night all.

Bill Uffelman

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 02/24/2017 :  9:52:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's Friday night at our daughter's in Avon CT. We have been on grandparent duty since Wednesday helping with the 3 and 5 year old -- getting them to and from school as our son in law is at a 3 week pilot transition training in Minnesota. Good news is that the weather has been great -- 60 to 70* sure takes care of last week's foot of snow! We will take the kids to a local farm tomorrow for maple syrup demo to fill time on what will supposedly be the last warm day for the next 10 days or so. Should return to our place around March 11.

Originally we were to come up last Sunday but wound up at the vet's office on Monday for a bone biopsy on our 10 year old golden -- pending results the best guess is bone cancer. Since we lost our other Golden to cancer last spring we aren't looking forward to this diagnosis.

I finished off the red and found a partial bottle of white in the fridge to help takae the edge off. Good night everyone.

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 02/25/2017 :  07:41:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, coffee is on and breakfast burritos in the warmer.

It's a rainy 59f here this morning.

Bill, sorry to hear about you puppy.

Have a great Saturday,

Mark

W,L,&E

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 02/26/2017 :  9:18:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry about the double posting on Friday evening -- the message that posted second disappeared before I finished so I retyped and that posted first -- I really love computers!

It is Sunday night and it was no where near 60* today. It is below freezing with wind chill in the low 20*s now. What a difference a day makes!

Clint the Golden is mostly recovered from the after effects of anesthesia he had Monday and the upset tummy from the meds -- he was definitely in a good mood this evening playing with one of his chew toys. Shame it won't last.

On that note, I wish you all a good week.

Bill

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 02/27/2017 :  07:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, coffee is ready and donuts are on the counter.

Bill, that's both good and bad but at least she seems happy.

Back to the chair today.

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 02/28/2017 :  08:50:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning empty lounge, I put the coffee on and danish on the counter.

The last three days there has been one person a day in the lounge, if this keeps up we will have to shutter the place until more interest is seen.

Have a good day All.

Mark

W,L,&E

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/28/2017 :  10:07:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First let me finish the danish! lol

MRI this morning.....sorry I have been kinda down again. aching back,etc...the joy!

thanks Mark!

Philip

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/28/2017 :  3:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone - I have opened a bottle of Merlot, just letting it breathe. Should be ready to drink by the time I post this. Well, we have just had the hottest summer on record and here it is the first day of Autumn (Fall) and it is still hot. I have put out some pikelets with jam and cream for those with a sweet tooth.
I have to pick up yet another 45 mm gauge live steam loco for Raymond from the courier today. Plans for his garden railway are progressing and should be ordering the timberwork very soon once he finalises working out the material he requires.
I am still slowly progressing on the On30 layout in the T-Shed. Progress has been slow but at least its progress.
I will have to post some photos.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

Page: of 39 Topic Next Topic: East coast narrow gauge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.92 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000