Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 88 ]  [ Total: 92 ]  [ Newest Member: ida ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad Topic Next Topic: Track cleaning
Page: of 45

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/15/2017 :  1:47:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
Mark, thanks for opening up - I can't remember the last time I had coffee cake!
I think the Wet Coast is living up to its name, once again. Snow almost all gone and rain in the forecast for next few days.
Cheers,
Dave

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/15/2017 :  2:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was wondering the same. I guess everyone gets burnt out from time to time. I certainly do.

Thanks for the coffee and cake!

Philip

OregonOn30
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/15/2017 :  3:02:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning to all....it's been a while since I have logged on to the Forum, and I can see there is no lack of activity. /you all seem to be moving along with your own projects.

As for me, I haven't been feeling well, but that hasn't stopped me from planning and doing some building on my latest mini-diorama (5ft x 18"). Now that I am home from the dreaded hospital I have to keep my activity level somewhat low, and that littlelayout will fit right into the time available.

Thanks for giving my interest level a new shot in the arm with the updates. Keep up the great work.

On30Rick

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 02/15/2017 :  8:23:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bought the boss a Madeline pan and a couple of related cookbooks for Valentine's Day. Good move - I'll leave a dozen of chocolate dipped on the counter!

Bill Uffelman

jburch
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/15/2017 :  8:24:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A little late for that coffee cake and if I have a cup of joe I will be up all night.

Rick, welcome back. Glad to hear you have improved enough to come home and drop by the lounge. You have been missed.

I'm still working on my Fast Track turnouts. So far. so good. Easier than I thought if I just take my time.

Well, its time for dinner, I will probably stop by later for a bit of a nightcap. Everyone stay well, warm and dry.

Jeff B

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 02/16/2017 :  07:56:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, I'll stoke the fire and fix myself a cup of railbender blend. There are assorted danish on the counter.

It's 28f here and fresh white stuff overnight.

We had a good turnout yesterday, let's keep it up.

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/16/2017 :  12:42:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all! Mark thanks for opening. Time for a bit of a break and some coffee. Bill, you bought your wife cooking implements for Valentine's Day! You're a brave man, indeed. Rick, welcome back. Jeff, good luck with those turnouts (not that I think luck is the largest part of the equation). It was a toss up with me - with only 7 turnouts to do, do I invest in everything to make those 7 (which would be a reasonable task) or just advance the build with ready-made ones? I went for ready-made but I like the idea of building my own.
Cheers,
Dave

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/16/2017 :  4:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone - It is almost 7:00 am Friday here at the Museum in Ipswich and again I have been lurking rather than posting. I have just brewed some coffee and warmed some croissants so please join me.
I finished my short (1 week long) holiday last Sunday. Raymond and I did some more cleaning up/sorting out in the T-Shed ready for the Tuesday Nighters get-together.
At least the constant hot weather has finished now after more than a month of temps above 100 F. The Tuesday Nighters enjoyed their visit and chat over coffee and biscuits. Darren discussed with me my thoughts of turning the proposed lower terminus of the track layout into a staging yard. The outcome was very positive. So this coming Sunday is set down for a determined preparation of this lower deck area to accommodate this staging yard (Denver??).
I have to start a 1:50 gradient from this staging yard around the walls before starting the helix to reach the top deck. I have recently been reading on another Forum about a chart or table to assist in developing an easement for achieving the necessary gradient. Could anyone here help steer me in the right direction for this information?
Tomorrow (Saturday) after Raymond and I visit my father we are going over to the Australian Model Railway Association clubrooms at Zillmere which is on the other side of Brisbane. Raymond has a couple of new 45 mm and 32 mm gauge steam locos to be boiler tested/certified and will have an opportunity to run them.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/16/2017 :  4:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David, I'm always up for croissants! BTW did you get the snow I shipped out last week - ours is all gone now. As far as easements here are some links you can check out:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27801
http://www.railroad-line.com/discussion/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10531
I searched using Advanced Google search with railroad-line.com as the site to search in and typed "vertical easement". I find that search function the easiest way to navigate our forums.
Cheers,
Dave

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/16/2017 :  8:55:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy partners,
Just back from Nashville sporting new boots and a hat. I heard some good RR songs so I put some JD out on the counter, enjoy.

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/16/2017 :  10:45:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi David Clark - Thank you for the snow but I'm afraid it melted and steam was coming off it as soon as I tried to use it to cool down.

Thank you for the links to easements - greatly appreciated.

I have been making bookings for hotels Pauline and I will be staying at when we come over to Denver for the 37th NNGC. This time we will be visiting the east coast for the first time as well. I booked a Hilton Hotel - Newark Penn Station in New York because I thought it was the Penn Station where we would be catching an Amtrak train to Charlottesville not realising there are two Penn Stations one in New York proper and the next one out is in Newark. I will have to change my booking to one of the two Hilton hotels near THE New York Penn Station this weekend.

It is almost 2:00 pm here and I can go home soon.

Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/17/2017 :  11:04:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The joint is open!

Coffee and doughnuts. Sweet warmer clear weather today, may venture out.

Still messing with the On30 MDC Shay big wheel ..mods etc...

Have a great day!

Philip

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/17/2017 :  3:39:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just checking in between 1:1 jobs. Thanks for opening, again, Philip. David, that's a big trip from Oz to US. Should be exciting though.
cheers,
Dave

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/18/2017 :  3:13:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a quiet day, today. Made some fresh coffee and put out some home-made banana bread - warning! contains nuts! Cloudy with some showers today whcih we will have to endure for about 4 days then the sun should come out!
Have yourselves a good day!
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 02/18/2017 :  4:50:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll put out a bottle of red and some snacks.

it's 64f here and cloudy.

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

Page: of 45 Previous Topic: Broke Back Mining & Logging Railroad Topic Next Topic: Track cleaning  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000