Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 10 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 98 ]  [ Total: 108 ]  [ Newest Member: Dan ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: On30 snow plow Topic Next Topic: The Whiskey Gap & Southern Railroad
Page: of 40

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/07/2017 :  2:08:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Curator49

...Hey, David Clark, please send over a bit of the white stuff so we can cool down from this incessant heat and I will send you some warm (not too hot) sunshine.
Best Regards
David Mewes

David, if I could find a way to pawn off some of this white stuff, you would be first on my list! Some places have had close to 3 feet since Friday! I definitely have an extra 2 feet in my yard. One more snow storm today and then freezing rain followed by regular rain Thursday.
Too early for wine yet here, but there is a pot of coffee on.
Cheers,
Dave

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2017 :  6:42:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David M, I will toast to you getting going in the T shed.

Philip, thanks for the tip.

72 in Charlotte today, I put the Ponies top down for the ride home.

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/08/2017 :  12:42:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been scouring all the posts in the On30 forum this past week and enjoying all the information and pictures. I've compiling a spreadsheet of my own for references to go back to ones I enjoyed. There may be an easier way - I know I've used Google to search the railroad-line site as well for specific info and it works quite well. In the meantime - coffee is one, croissants, and brioches are out.
Cheers,
Dave

jburch
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/08/2017 :  1:07:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it has been awhile since I posted here. I've been lurking in the background and following the activity but not really jumping in much. It is not my intention to upset anyone but it seems like things have slowed down a bit. Not as much progress on projects, and some of the long time members are not as active as in the past. I hope its because they are busy with good things in life and still modeling. The feedback and knowledge I have received from this site is invaluable.

I am going to make an effort to post more and be more involved. Not that I will be tons of help to others, but I can't ask others to be involved if I'm not. I am also a member of the On30 Railroading Facebook page, which seems to be getting more and more members, and has tons of great info and pics. Check it out, the only reason I joined Facebook, is to get access to this site and other model railroading pages.

I hope everyone has a nice day, working on building my first Fast Trak turnouts. I figure if I take my time, they might even work like they are supposed to.

Jeff B

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 02/08/2017 :  4:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was 70* when I drove to the office at 2 pm this afternoon snow in the forecast for tomorrow.Responded to a plea for help from our Connecticut daughter so drove up Sunday and came home back on Monday (700 mile round trip) after dropping grandkids at their schools. Daughter was chairing a big 8 am meeting and early drop off was not available. Oh the joy of grandparenting.

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 02/09/2017 :  09:44:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't believe I am first this morning. Rain and heavy winds at the beach, much worse north of us. Glad trip to Avo CT was Sunday and Monday!

Mid-morning snacks are on the counter, made a lot of coffee and put some fresh fruit in the big bowl and fridge

jburch
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/09/2017 :  10:37:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still looking for breakfast out here on the west coast. Bill, I'll save those snacks for later on this morning. Foggy and damp so far, but it is supposed to be a nice day.

Its off to work. I will try to post a couple more pics of my layout progress today. Still trying to find some time to start my first turnout build, Fast Tracks is supposed to make it easy. We shall see.

Hope everyone has a great day. Get in some modelling.

Jeff B

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/09/2017 :  1:15:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mid-morning snacks are perfect! Thanks, Bill!
Jeff, good luck with your turnout.
Now that the rain has started, I get to go home to slushy, slippery roads and pooling water. Joy!
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 02/09/2017 :  1:36:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey All, thanks for the snacks Bill.

I just got out of the hospital againand a doc appointment this morning.

Maybe now I can work at the bench.

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  06:13:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornig All, coffee is on and the fire stoked we have bagels with all the fixings.

It's a cold 16f with snow on the ground here in WV.

Getting ready for my Friday chair time.

Everyone have a great Day.

Mark

W,L,&E

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  12:29:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Noon time - sun is out and temps in the mid-20s. Supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow and Sunday. Beats shoveling like at my daughter's in Avon CT (12") and son's in Boston.

Bill Uffelman

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  12:40:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Work say starting in the West - looks like the big melt is on! Rained most of yesterday and washed most of the white stuff away. Just have big piles left but roads are all clear now.Mark, thanks for getting eats out! Have a good day all.
Cheers,
Dave

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  6:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark, you take care. I had a visitor to the Layout last night, I think that makes 5 in the history of the layout. It was fun to talk trains with a fellow ON30 guy. I'm motivated again.

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  7:53:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great article about Big Lars aka "Larry" @

http://modelrailroadersnotebook.blogspot.com/2017/02/a-visit-with-larry-knapp-on30-addict.html

Philip

teaspoon
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  9:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening all, I see that our own Big Lars is a Celebrity, next thing you know he'll be getting a star on the Hollywood walk of fame!No modelling is getting done here, everything is boxed up while a big remodeling project is going on. Over the last week or so my helper and I have filled a 10 yard dumpster with plaster and cellulose insulation, what a dusty dirty job that was. Next we will be adding some studding and framing where needed, as this old house is balloon framed with oak 2x4s and is lacking in some places. I'm working under the "gun" as I am having knee replacement surgery in 6 weeks, so I'd like to have it ready for carpet and trim by then. I left some Labatt's and Molson's in the icebox in honor of Larry and our other Canadian friends, Take care

Page: of 40 Previous Topic: On30 snow plow Topic Next Topic: The Whiskey Gap & Southern Railroad  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000