Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 119 ]  [ Total: 122 ]  [ Newest Member: jmart4173 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Would like to try this scale...
Page: of 56

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  10:10:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good Morning all,
another morning of retirement, not saying It is what I was expecting, but its not what its cracked up to be either. Its nice not to have to get up at certain hour, commute, find parking and spend the day working, but there has to be more....

Well yesterday I printed again, 3 items I have been working on, the 14ft flat, the hopper car, and tank that I built for the Forney bash. 8 hours print, and they look really good too. Pictures later.

Les

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  4:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by visman48

Good Morning all,
another morning of retirement, not saying It is what I was expecting, but its not what its cracked up to be either. Its nice not to have to get up at certain hour, commute, find parking and spend the day working, but there has to be more....

Well yesterday I printed again, 3 items I have been working on, the 14ft flat, the hopper car, and tank that I built for the Forney bash. 8 hours print, and they look really good too. Pictures later.

Les

I always thought the MORE was anything you feel like doing! Is there something I'm missing after 5 years of doing more??

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

desertdrover
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  9:10:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening all, I'm late to the lounge today, hope everyone is doing fine. As far as retirement goes, I've been retired over 10 years now and I still believe is was the best invention ever. However, I think we should work until we are 25 then retire until 65 then go back to work. Seems we used up all our worth doing the working years.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  10:08:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Evening Guys,
Well I am doing better today, got some hours down in the RR room, I am building a small dio for practice, just some ideas, part of the Geezer project. I also will use this for practice for a square foot entry for convention.

So some further explanation of the retirement tornado in my brain, I have worked since I was in 8th grade, thru high school and all the way thru college, good jobs for the most part, except the stockyard auction days. I loved working at the agency, both as staff and contractor, ...for 46 years, for the most part a 3 mile commute (can't really complain)I was just tired of the getting up, retirement was and is an effort to change the "you ain't got something better to do so you might as well as work" issue (in my brain). I will get it sorted out, I could go to work tomorrow full time again, just not going to do that. I appreciate you concern, This is one of the conversations Bill/Geez and I had, he was helping me with my brain.

Tomorrow more printing, some resin casting for the project, and some continued work in the basement to find the work surfaces.

Les

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  07:45:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,

Coffee is on and for breakfast this morning we have scones, muffins and bagels with cream cheese.

Chilly here this morning, but the sun is up. No modeling as work keeps getting in the way, but that should slow down a bit by the weekend.

Have a great day everyone.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  08:58:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, thanks for the coffee and breakfast Ron although you forgot Geezers favorite salmon, thin sliced onion and tomato. hehehe Another day at th chir hving railroad dreams but no modeling. Everyone have a great day. Mark

W,L,&E

desertdrover
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  09:59:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning to you Ron and Mark, and all the crew entering this morning. Thanks Ron for the wakeup breakfast. Here in Rhode Island it was like a switch went on from hot to cold. I guessing winter is around the corner for us. Everyone have a great day!

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  10:03:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Sorry couldn't resist.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  10:47:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elwoodblues

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Sorry couldn't resist.

If Rick was around he'd punch you in the nose!!!

Maybe I'll do it instead. How dare you use that four letter word...

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  6:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, thanks for the coffee and breakfast Ron although you forgot Geezers favorite salmon, thin sliced onion and tomato. hehehe Another day at th chir hving railroad dreams but no modeling. Everyone have a great day. Mark

W,L,&E

tloc
Fireman

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  6:47:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Les, your issue rings a bell. I worked starting at 12 as a caddy at a local country club. I caddied six days a week but did more waiting for a bag then having actual players. I have worked since then. Some crap jobs and some unbelieveably great. When I retired in 9/2014, I thought I was ready. A month after retirement and having moved 150 miles they offered me a part time gig, able to work remotely. I took it and I lasted another year. I also did some consulting for them.

Retirement is for your enjoyment, do with it what you want. Do you really want a 25 hour a week job or would you enjoy more, volunteering as much as u want. Every retired forum member can give you a story. I do 1 hour daily medically demanded rehab. I try to spend 1 hour before noon and 1 hour between noon and 5 in the train room. I do not turn on the TV until at least 5pm except Sundays. Do I have a routine, not really just some guide lines.

Try to enjoy it and DON'T LET THE OVERTHINKING GET TO YOU. That is also some of the advice Geezer and I emailed about.

TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  7:34:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening

Bottle of red on the counter with the green bottle. Cold ones in the fridge.

Tonight I think I'll have a little Jack Daniels on the rocks maybe two.

Stop by and have a nightcap.

I'll be back later.

Jerry

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  7:46:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jerry,
Thanks for the sip from the green bottle.
Sorry I have not been around much, My laptop has died and I have not had a chance to fix it. I pulled the LT from teh train room I use to program decoders but buy it is old and slow in the real world.
Cheers Geezer, I see you sitting there.

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  3:07:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon All, I put out a bottle of red and a bottle of green . By the w did anyone notice the empty glass down at the end of the bar from last night. Everyone have a great day. Mark

W,L,&E

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  7:53:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finished installing insulation in the RR room wall this afternoon. Will pick up 6 sheets of OSB tomorrow morning and hang them to finish the inside of the RR room. Hopefully be done tomorrow but have the weekend to wrap up if I get stalled. The boss says she wants trains running for the grand kids by Thanksgiving -- luckily I have an 8 foot module to set up.

Enjoy the evening -- supposed to hit 70* here this weekend wonder what the future holds?

Page: of 56 Topic Next Topic: Would like to try this scale...  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000