Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 129 ]  [ Total: 134 ]  [ Newest Member: csrr70 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: East coast narrow gauge Topic Next Topic: On30 Annual 2017 - Pre sale
Page: of 39

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 02/04/2017 :  07:32:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, thanks for the coffee and goodies Bill.

You all have a good time at Timonium.

For me it's watch some collage hoops and read my Gazette.

Have a great day everyone.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/04/2017 :  11:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Big snow day for us in lower mainland BC. Stayed home to keep away from the lunacy that is West Coast winter driving.
Cheers,
Dave

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 02/05/2017 :  07:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, coffee is on and the fire stoked we have coffee cake on the counter.

Dave that's a nice snow scene, but keep it up your way.

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/05/2017 :  2:19:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure if anyone is doing Super Bowl today. Brought wings just in case. Snow has subsided for now but more on the way later on. Thanks for coffee Mark. Hope everyone has a great day.
Cheers,
Dave

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2017 :  2:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon guys working on two MDC shays that have been on the shelf 4 years +. Replacing the wipers with guitar strings .008. They are such a pain to work on. Good therapy. Yep super bowl tonight, looks like you got hammered with snow Dave.

thanks Mark!

Philip

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2017 :  4:42:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I played hockey early today and consumed mass quantities of wings after the game. Thanks Dave, i'm sure I can fit in a couple of more wings. Crazy that it snowed in Vancouver.
Philip, I have lot's of spare parts for the MDC shays if you lose any.

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/05/2017 :  11:59:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is our first real winter since 2009! In between shovelling I got some road bed glued down and put up half of my backdrop supports. Haven't played hockey for eons, way to go BigLars! There's some scotch to wrap up the day - even if you are a Patriots fan...
Cheers,
Dave

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  1:08:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crisp and clear this morning! Day off so I slept in. Coffee is on, bagels and cream cheese are out. Hope everyone is well. Today I hope to get into the basement to finish up some benchwork.
Cheers,
Dave

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  1:21:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon. I put skates on once in Germany long ago in the military. Truthfully takes a special person with strong ankles to even balance on those. I sucked! Totally different than roller skating!

Another gloomy day in Kentucky with rain moving in.

That was one hell of a game last night. How the heck they won will go down in history.

Thanks for the offer Larry. Got the wipers done on one and will start the other in a few minutes. The thinner wire really works better! We all lose close friends and both these MDC Shays are to be paired forever. The other one belonged to Joe who lost his fight with agent orange a couple years ago. I was in the middle of building his vertical boiler and he passed suddenly which put a huge damper on MRR ing. Took a break. I'm moving forward now. Here is Joe.

Have a good day!
Philip

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  6:15:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Philip, I'm glad the Joe's Shay will live on and that you are back at it. I like the modules.

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  6:26:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Philip, glad to see modelling therapy is working. Hopefully it will bring back all good memories for you. Time for afternoon tea so have a "cuppa" along with some chocolate-covered digestives.
Cheers,
Dave

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  6:39:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm skipping to the bottle of red that I'm leaving out. Oh, FYI 68 in Charlotte today, too bad I had to work.

The Wife and I are going to Nashville next week, anyone have a suggestion on must see places other than the Ryman and Grand old Opry?

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  7:17:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL. Sun's always over the yardarm somewhere in the world! Never been to Nashville so I have nothing to offer. When I go to a new place I just Google "places to see in ,insert city>". Have fun!
Dave

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  9:13:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I usually hang out at second fiddle downtown Nashville. If you venture to Gatlinburg way check out the Little River logging museum. It's out the holler toward Sevierville, TN. Pretty neat history.

Philip

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/07/2017 :  01:27:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone - This is not an early morning post from the Museum in Ipswich, rather it is a late afternoon one from home . It is 4:15pm Tuesday here. I have managed to do some work in the T-Shed tidying up and generally sorting things out. While doing this I had a "thought bubble" about a possible alternative location for a staging yard. I intend to discuss this with the layout design experts among the Tuesday Nighters next Tuesday.
My son had a bet with another IT guy where he works (also a member of t5he Tuesday Nighters) as to whether or not I would do some Museum work while I am on holidays and how long before I did so. Well, somebody won as I went to the Redland Museum today on business related to our Museum at Ipswich. Ohhh Well!!
BTW, I have put out a bottle of good red wine and I believe there is some white here somewhere. Please join me in a toast to see me getting going again in the T-Shed.
Hey, David Clark, please send over a bit of the white stuff so we can cool down from this incessant heat and I will send you some warm (not too hot) sunshine.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

Page: of 39 Previous Topic: East coast narrow gauge Topic Next Topic: On30 Annual 2017 - Pre sale  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000