Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 94 ]  [ Total: 98 ]  [ Newest Member: LongHornCaddy2 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Oak Grove RR, an evolving layout. Topic Next Topic: The Cedar Mountain Railway
Page: of 55

teaspoon
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/23/2016 :  11:26:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good day all, Fred thanks for the hearty breakfast, and a big thank to everyone for the anniversary wishes. The missus is off for the holidays, but has an appointment with the oral surgeon for a troublesome tooth, the Endodontist has a six sided floor to ceiling salt water aquarium in his office, the dental suites are arranged around it so that you can watch the fishes swim by while he drills holes in your head. Afterwords, some last minute shopping, and a tour of the festival of trees at the Turner Dodge Mansion in Lansing. http://www.lansing.org/event/a-festival-of-trees/13946/ I put some fruitcake and eggnog out for those who feel peckish. Today's question: Fruitcake, love it or hate it?

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/23/2016 :  12:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fruitcake... just a slither but overall don't like it. Kinda like the Russell Stover candy with the holes poked in it! or ugly sweaters.

Philip

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/23/2016 :  12:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love fruitcake, darker the better! No marzipan, though! British heritage, what can I say? Looking forward to homemade Christmas pudding with hard sauce!! Last day of work before Christmas and two weeks off. I'll just park here for a bit and nibble on fruitcake and swig eggnog....
Cheers,
Dave

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/23/2016 :  5:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, and especially for Larry....Nanaimo Bars
Merry Christmas,
Dave

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 12/23/2016 :  7:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Thought I'd pop in here to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Sorry for the long absence- although I still lurk from time to time. All is well with me- I have been traveling lately. It is increasingly looking like a move to a new house is going to happen in 2017, or early 2018 for me, but the upside to this is that I will have my own MRR room, and a big one at that.

In the meantime, modeling has slowed to a halt as we have to wait to see how things unfold.

Have a safe weekend, everyone.

Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/23/2016 :  10:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought I'd stop by and wish the ON30 group, a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year!*

Ted

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 12/24/2016 :  08:43:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, railbender coffee is on and the pot belly is stoked.
For breakfast butter and jams, and even some of Geezer's famous jaapena grits. we have eggs ,steak, fried potatoes, and farmers bread .

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a HaPPY New Year and safe travelng to all.

Mark

W,L,&E

tloc
Fireman

Posted - 12/24/2016 :  10:01:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This place is still special even without some of our friends. Thanks for keeping it going.

I love fruit cake!

Here's hoping all your Christmas wishes come true.

TomO

Terrell
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/24/2016 :  10:42:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To all my friends at RRL.

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/24/2016 :  11:02:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas gents!

Philip

Cowboybilly
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/24/2016 :  11:20:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Merry Chritmes for all

Frank The Cowboybilly

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 12/24/2016 :  1:05:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Clark

Love fruitcake, darker the better! No marzipan, though! British heritage, what can I say? Looking forward to homemade Christmas pudding with hard sauce!!
Dave

No fruitcake BUT we have suet pudding, I suspect similar to your Christmas pudding and yes, hard sauce ( a sweet lemon taste)

No special festivities tonight and a home ham meal tomorrow.

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

ChiloquinRuss
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/24/2016 :  3:56:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit ChiloquinRuss's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Warm the fruitcake, put a sliver of butter on it, pour a little Irish coffee, let the fruitcake get cold, threw it out, and sit back and enjoy the COFFEE! :D

Thanks for letting me play on this forum. I've enjoyed 2016, you're a great bunch, I can't wait to see what WE come up with in 2017! Russ

Oldbear70
New Hire

Posted - 12/24/2016 :  4:12:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I once heard of a fellow that built an O scale station out of fruitcake. Poor fellow had a bad house fire and lost his whole house except that station.

Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
Fred
Superintendent
Ohio Creek Southern

Kebler Pass Route
Sue is the COO/CFO

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/24/2016 :  4:32:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ate the last Nanaimo bars dave put out. I love Christmas pudding with brandy sauce.

I put some warm Tourtiere on the counter (French Canadian meat pie).

Hot mulled wine is on the stove, some fine brandy on the counter.

Terrell great picture.

Merry Christmas eve to everyone. Gomez should be home from UNC soon so I can hear the pitter patter of size 13 feet.

Page: of 55 Previous Topic: The Oak Grove RR, an evolving layout. Topic Next Topic: The Cedar Mountain Railway  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000