Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 102 ]  [ Total: 104 ]  [ Newest Member: bogeycat99 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Coast Line RR vol 7 Topic Next Topic: J&L Mine w/Hoist House
Page: of 69

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/17/2016 :  1:23:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'Morning all! This weekend modeler is at work! :-(
Thanks for the brekkie! I added some butter tarts (filched from the lunchroom) thanks to a lady at work.
Cheers,
Dave

Oldbear70
New Hire

Posted - 12/18/2016 :  04:13:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi y'all!
Got up and Checked the temperature here. 9f feels like -9f brrrr. Soooo I wandered I here and let the new cat, Como back in. Started another fire and warmed up the place. Started the coffee maker so the crew on the early shift will have something hot to drink. Btw Como is a grey tabby who is fond of a wee bit o the green bottle
Fred

Kebler Pass Route
Sue is the COO/CFO

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/19/2016 :  1:09:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon!

A tiny ember remained Fred, thanks for rekindling the old stove...rekindled again.

Cold cold is the word of the day. 23 f right now

Coffee is on for this old 3rd shifter, help yourself.

Scored a few figures on ebay this morning, one is still up for grabs. Won 3 Pacific Fast Mail, 1 Junes, 1 model citizens.

Spent all day yesterday cutting shingles, between breaks. I'm planning on starting a few shingle courses today on the structure.

What are you all up to? Awfully quiet lately.

Philip

Oldbear70
New Hire

Posted - 12/19/2016 :  9:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening all!
Just dropped by for a wee bit o the bottle and to remenise about what has gone I since October 15. Seems that somehow we got roped into staying in this nursing home. It has bee a real trip. We felt warehoused and had our health just Maintained. But now we are on our way to the sunny south. Down to around Mobile Alabama into a two bedroom trailer and on our own.
As far as modeling goes we have been repainting our passenger equipment and replacing broken couplers.
I have started a thread on our plans and how we renamed our fictional rr. We have decided that the mid line town will be named Anderson in honor of the late Great Geezer.
Tonight I has set out a bottle of red and a cheese platter for your enjoyment. Como has been fed and is curled up in front of the stove. Annnnd there's someone's funky socks.
Fred Cotterell
Superintendent OCS

Kebler Pass Route
Sue is the COO/CFO

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/19/2016 :  10:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fred,
The sunny south is a good place.
Philip,
Post pictures of those figures when you get them painted.
Where is Jerry, Ron, Tom, and others that are MIA?
I put some brandy out by the fire.

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/19/2016 :  11:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will. Line em up like you did before..lol

I won 3 PFM (pacific fast mail) boy, woodsman with axe, cowboy..have no idea as how nice they are.

Also "Fred" in coveralls figure from Model citizens, they quit making them and went G scale, originally their were 3 in a set a couple years back. Been searching for these for a few years.

One from Junes small world, a skinny starving looking hobo, another unknown manufacturer to me.

Last is a S & D phoenix photographer with tripod and camera.
Spent 28 bucks for all including delivery, my weeks highlight.

Dang if I know about the MIA's from the lounge but typically it's slow during the Christmas season.

Philip

Edited by - Philip on 12/19/2016 11:45:50 PM

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 12/20/2016 :  07:34:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, coffee is on and assorted danish are on the counter.

Larry, I feel abandoned some days, Geezer kept things going here.

Well, everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

Oldbear70
New Hire

Posted - 12/20/2016 :  09:04:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't feel abandoned! Ooooh Danish.... I grabbed. Two cherry cheese ones to start my day. I will eat one now and have one when my new bicycle comes today. It's called a Fat-bike. It has four inch wide tires.
Later
Fred Cotterell
Superintendent OCS

Kebler Pass Route
Sue is the COO/CFO

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/20/2016 :  09:27:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning!

Good to see some folk here.

Thanks for the coffee and danish!
Philip

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/20/2016 :  2:55:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a porridge day today so there's a pot keeping warm with some brown sugar and maple syrup to go with. I am envious of those making progress on their stuff. I bought some more wood for my benchwork yesterday,between taking the youngest girl Christmas shopping and laundry. I had some 1x but they were cupped more than I was willing to deal with so I went with 1/2 G1S ply that I will rip into appropriate widths. Picked up my track and turnouts and a power pack from my LHS. I am hoping if I have everything on hand, I will be ready to build during the Christmas holidays.
Cheers,
Dave

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/20/2016 :  3:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone - It is 6:30 am Wednesday here at the Museum in Ipswich, Queensland. It is going to be another hot day forecast to be 36 C (97 F) with possible thunderstorms this afternoon.
I have just brewed some fresh coffee and there is hot water available for those who prefer tea - please join me. There are plenty of Christmassy treats to nibble on in the lunch room.
I arrived back at work last week after my nine day jaunt to Taiwan at the invitation of the Taiwanese Ministry of Culture to present a speech at a symposium about our railway museum here in Ipswich. Our hosts then spent six days showing us (there were another three invited speakers - two from Japan and the other from our Museum) around the western side of Taiwan visiting railway sites (workshops and locomotive depots) and railway museums. One place of interest was the Taiwan Sugar Corporations former Xihu Sugar Factory which is now closed and operates as a tourist attraction. There is a 2 ft 6 ins gauge former sugar cane railway using diesel locomotives to take tourists for a train trip over part of the old cane railway network. One of the old steam locomotives was lit up specially to take us on a trip.

No.346 an 0-6-0T built by Anglo-Franco-Belge in 1949
There were another two steam locomotives preserved in the old steam loco shed and many diesels.
We were treated like royalty during our stay. I am hoping to find out more about Taiwan's sugar cane railways.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/21/2016 :  12:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
0930 here on the West Coast of BC. Today is the shortest day (ie longest period of darkness) of the year, so for those of us living far from the equator, daylight starts to get longer from now until mid June! That calls for Bailey's in the coffee!
Cheers,
Dave

Oldbear70
New Hire

Posted - 12/21/2016 :  1:53:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!
Getting ready to move is taxing to say the least#128578; And living in a nursing home makes for an interesting time. Sue, Sean and I are getting ready for a move to the gulf area in Alabama Modeling now is "catch up" on some small projects like decaling, detailing, and some repainting on our two moguls. And working on our "aging" roster of passenger equiptment to make it more "presentable".
I wandered in here and brought two Domino's extravanza pizzas and some soda for the afternoon crew.
Sure do miss Geezer. Place seems kinda empty without him you know.
Oldbear aka Fred.

Kebler Pass Route
Sue is the COO/CFO

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 12/21/2016 :  5:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening All, thanks for the sodas and pizza Fred.
Geezer still has a stool at the end of the bar and a shot glass setting there.
Have a good evening All.

Mark

W,L,&E

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/21/2016 :  5:57:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the soda and pizza Fred.
I put out a green bottle just in case by Brudda stops in.
Geezer, if you do stop in there is a Christmas package on it's way to your grandson that likes trains. A nice red engine with WL decals, frieght cars, caboose and a hilicopter with your logo.

Page: of 69 Previous Topic: Coast Line RR vol 7 Topic Next Topic: J&L Mine w/Hoist House  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.72 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000